CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
RobbieFTW
Nystyle709
Shale
Alan Smithee
Supernova
9 posters

Are the stores closed for Christmas where you are?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are the stores closed for Christmas where you are? Empty Are the stores closed for Christmas where you are?

Post by Supernova Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Tomorrow our Wal-Mart, Dollar General, and local grocery store are all going to be closed, which is I think a first in as far back as I can remember. So everybody's scrambling today to make sure they've got everything they need for the next 2 days, and we are no exception.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Are the stores closed for Christmas where you are? Empty Re: Are the stores closed for Christmas where you are?

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:20 pm

I think mostly just some convenience stores, liquor stores and movie theaters.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Are the stores closed for Christmas where you are? Empty Re: Are the stores closed for Christmas where you are?

Post by Shale Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Our major Supermaket, Publix is closed on Xmas. I got a few items for the next day and it was pretty busy, judging by the backed up parking lot (another good thing about biking). However, I think Walgreens stays open and there are any number of non-christian immigrant stores that will likely be open.

Ironically, and I found this out a couple years ago, the Cinema will not only be open but will be extremely crowded during the matinee. (When did ppl stop staying at home on Xmas day? blank stare @ you )

A couple of big movies open tomorrow Django and Les Miserables so I will just endure the crowds and go. However, I may not get to pick my usual seat with the footrest bar that is always available on normal movie matinees.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Some will be...but the majority will be open. Or have limited hours.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:44 pm

I know they're mostly closed tonight. The streets are empty and dark.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 pm

I don't think many are.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 pm

Shale wrote:Our major Supermaket, Publix is closed on Xmas. I got a few items for the next day and it was pretty busy, judging by the backed up parking lot (another good thing about biking). However, I think Walgreens stays open and there are any number of non-christian immigrant stores that will likely be open.

Ironically, and I found this out a couple years ago, the Cinema will not only be open but will be extremely crowded during the matinee. (When did ppl stop staying at home on Xmas day? blank stare @ you )

A couple of big movies open tomorrow Django and Les Miserables so I will just endure the crowds and go. However, I may not get to pick my usual seat with the footrest bar that is always available on normal movie matinees.

At least since 2006. My daughter's first job was in a movie theater and I know that Christmas day we had to leave my wife's brother's early to drop her off for her shift that evening.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:51 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

At least since 2006. My daughter's first job was in a movie theater and I know that Christmas day we had to leave my wife's brother's early to drop her off for her shift that evening.

I had a friend in 1998 who worked at a theater and was the one who told me Thanksgiving is the busiest night in the theater, second to Christmas. Can't imagine watching a movie at the theater with family...the time is meant for visiting.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:39 am

RedBedroom wrote:

I had a friend in 1998 who worked at a theater and was the one who told me Thanksgiving is the busiest night in the theater, second to Christmas. Can't imagine watching a movie at the theater with family...the time is meant for visiting.

Yeah that never made any sense to me either. Now my niece and I went to see A Night at the Museum on Christmas Eve, because that was the only time she was in town and it was the ONLY time we had ever been to a movie together, but somehow I doubt everybody else going over the holidays has that same kind of situation going on.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:45 am

Our supermarkets are open for a few hours and I think some major stores will be too.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:38 pm

i had a friend in the service who lived too far from family... so after christmas dinner they made it a tradition to go to the movies. Even my own family, christmas eve was the big party night... family from all over would come by and exchange gifts because they would want to be home for christmas day at their own place. So as we got older an no longer believed in santa, my mother would occasionally take us to the movies if some big opening was happening. in our area, Wawa (convenience store) and all the chinese food places stay open to deliver to us at work LOL
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:15 am

The Safeway a block away from me is but the Starbucks inside is open from 8am to I think 2pm. Go figure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:00 pm