CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
RedBedroom
Tony Marino
Chris
7 posters

'Teens drugged parents to use Internet past curfew, police say'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News 'Teens drugged parents to use Internet past curfew, police say'

Post by Chris Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:30 pm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/01/teens-drugged-parents-to-use-internet-past-curfew-police-say.html

Teens drugged parents to use Internet past curfew, police say
    January 3, 2013 |

Two teenage girls were arrested in Northern California this week after they used sleeping pill-laced milkshakes to drug one girl's parents because they wouldn't let her use the Internet past 10 p.m., police said.

The incident unfolded in Rocklin -- about 20 miles northwest of Sacramento -- the night of Dec. 28, when the parents fell asleep about an hour after drinking milkshakes their 16-year-old daughter and her 15-year-old friend brought them from a fast food restaurant, Rocklin police Lt. Lon Milka said Thursday. The parents woke up in the middle of the night feeling "really groggy" with "hangover symptoms," Milka said, but had not been drinking.

When they woke up again the next morning, they still felt "really odd," Milka said, and "figured that something was wrong."

The couple went to the Rocklin police station and picked up $5 drug kits typically used by parents to drug test their children, Milka said. After the tests picked up traces of drugs, the parents contacted authorities and brought their daughter to the police station.

Investigators later learned the girls crushed prescription sleeping pills and put them in the milkshakes so the parents would fall asleep and they could use the Internet past the 10 p.m. curfew.

"Mom and Dad had the Internet cut off nightly at 10 p.m.," Milka said. "The daughter wanted to use it past 10 because I guess they're like most teenagers and the Internet is their life."

The parents didn't end up drinking all of the milkshakes because it was "kind of gritty" and "really funny tasting," Milka said.

The girls, whose names were not released because of their ages, were booked on Dec. 31 in Placer County Juvenile Hall on suspicion of conspiracy and willfully mingling a pharmaceutical into food. Milka said it would be up to prosecutors to decide whether charges would be filed.

Milka said it was unclear what websites the girls accessed while the parents were asleep.

"It's the first I've ever heard of it," he said. "Kids are crazy these days."
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

News Re: 'Teens drugged parents to use Internet past curfew, police say'

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:40 pm

That would have went over well with my father.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:14 pm

It's rather eerie the lengths they went to just for the Internet time.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm

RedBedroom wrote:It's rather eerie the lengths they went to just for the Internet time.

Makes you wonder what these girls were trying to do online...

Anyway, glad they were arrested. Craziness...
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:59 pm

So, how do you get rid of bad-seed kids if Zeus doesn't send down a convenient lightning bolt? blank stare @ you

I would not want those little sociopaths living in my house. I would be pestering the DA to charge them with the felony so they can spend the next five years of their adolescence in a proper setting - a cage. Then you're thru with them - they can go their own sick way after that.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:10 pm

"Kids are crazy these days."

co-signs
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:59 pm

'Teens drugged parents to use Internet past curfew, police say' 954338

Yeah, I saw this on the news last night. Eh...I remember back in the day when the internet was new and I, like millions of other people, was addicted to it. That's when those AOL boards were up and popping. I remember when my dad got pissed off with me one night and threatened to cancel my AOL if I used the computer before he told me to. I used it anyway. He caught me and turned it off for about a week. Then I sweet talked him into turning it back on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:33 am