CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Alan Smithee
Supernova
6 posters

Judge rules Texas school can force students to wear locator chips

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Judge rules Texas school can force students to wear locator chips Empty Judge rules Texas school can force students to wear locator chips

Post by Supernova Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:54 am

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Judge rules Texas school can force students to wear locator chips Empty Re: Judge rules Texas school can force students to wear locator chips

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:13 pm

From what's described in the article, I'm worried about more slippery slopes than this.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Judge rules Texas school can force students to wear locator chips Empty Update

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Judge rules Texas school can force students to wear locator chips Empty Re: Judge rules Texas school can force students to wear locator chips

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:23 pm

LOL
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:34 pm

I can understant the ACLU taking up the fight against the RFID chips on privacy grounds, but they made the compromise and took out the chip.

Now it is just pushing a frivolus legal point with this "religious" angle and I hope the ACLU has sense enuf to drop out of any appeal.

This is getting like that U.S. woman who converted to Islam then was the only Muslim woman in the world who had a prob with showing her face for a driver license foto. The ACLU pissed off a lot of us members by pushing that frivolous suit.

Almost anywhere you work these days an ID badge is part of your wardrobe. Get used to it or get a tin cup and hang out on a street corner.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:18 am

^^^ i agree.. especially in my job. we had some temporary employees who wanted to wear the full burka. That is fine.. but I, a career employee with 15yrs there, who knows at least 70% of the ppl in a 1200 person building could get written up for NOT wearing my ID badge. But a temp can come in wear full garb, and could possibly NOT be the person that is on the ID badge... that just wasnt happening. we started a huge fight. our building had the anthrax... screw that. they made them show their faces.. but they could still hide a rifle under their dress so i dont feel entirely safe. and that is no disrespect to islam itself.. just the concept of what is safe/unsafe.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:01 pm

I see the only good thing abou Texas is their barbecue and the Cowboys. I would never want to live there.....
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I see the only good thing abou Texas is their barbecue and the Cowboys. I would never want to live there.....

And not even the Cowboys LMAO!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

And not even the Cowboys Judge rules Texas school can force students to wear locator chips 954338

Yeah....now. I'll always be a Cowboy fan though. Brought up that way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 am