Military lifting ban to allow women in combat - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Military lifting ban to allow women in combat

Go down 
+4
Shale
Nystyle709
wants2laugh
Supernova
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Military lifting ban to allow women in combat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military lifting ban to allow women in combat   Military lifting ban to allow women in combat - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:44 am

wants2laugh wrote:
I'm just so against it for so many reasons. I think it is bad for morale.
captainbryce wrote:
I think we have to wait and see how combat units fair with women serving alongside men before we can make this determination. I mean, you can "think" it's bad for morale all day long, but unless you've actually served in a combat unit or surveyed the majority of individuals in a combat unit who have actually served with women in the field, nobody is really qualified to answer this question right now. This is essentially the same argument people have been making against gays from openly serving in the military. And it's the same argument that people have used way back in the day against black people from serving in all white units. "It's bad for morale". I'm so sick of this default, paranoid assumption. How do we know that it's bad for morale unless we actually allow them the opportunity to serve in the first place? We shouldn't just assume that this will automatically be the case. At the very least we should try it, and if we see evidence that it is not working, we can end it. But paranoia is never an excuse for discrimination.

Yeah that phrase "bad for morale" hit a nerve with me for the racist/bigoted reasons it has historically been used. (And which has historically been proven false)
Back to top Go down

Military lifting ban to allow women in combat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2