Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising? Empty
PostSubject: Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising?   Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:40 pm

I have always been a bargain hunter, so I really am not doing anything differently. My friend, however, is going off the deep end.

She is trying to make everything (food) from scratch and I understand that, but she is spending so much to get started. She is spending hundreds on this. She's part of a club that buys in bulk and then sell to each other at the discounted price without making a profit. The thing is, if she doesn't sell it, the stuff will sit. It seems the opposite of financially responsible to me.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising?   Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Sounds like more of a hassle to me than anything else. She'd be better off buying staples that she could store for her own use, maybe even learn to can if she wants to.

We and some neighbors are in process of stockpiling certain foods and staples for disaster/emergency situations.

I did pick up a few jars of Peanut Butter that I like before those prices jack up.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising?   Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Yeah, whenever something's on sale or if we know the price is going to go up on it, we stockpile it as well. Otherwise, not much.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising?   Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:51 pm

We clip coupons and look for sales. That's about as far as we go.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising?   Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Uh, no. Just make cutbacks if you can and clip coupons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising?   Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you or anyone you know doing something out of the ordinary to save money to combat the price of everything rising?
Page 1 of 1