Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes.

Go down 
+4
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Nystyle709
AtownPeep
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes. Empty
PostSubject: Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes.   Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes. EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:27 am

What do you do when you get a splotch of bleach on your clothes? I called myself mopping the floor with bleach yesterday and some of it splashed on my gray sweatpants and now I have small splotches on the legs. I'm so mad cause I loved those pants. Part of me is thinking I should bleach the rest so it'll be all one color again, but who knows how that might turn out.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes.   Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes. EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:44 am

Shrug it off. Nothing much you can do about it.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes.   Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes. EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:52 am

Ny is right. Not much you can do. I have used a permanent or laundry marker on something that's black for small touch ups. But it might be difficult to do that with gray.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes.   Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes. EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:08 pm

I hate how insidious bleach can be. You can have no idea you splattered any until the discolored spots show up.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes.   Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes. EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:40 pm

It doesn't come up much since about the only thing we still use bleach for is cleaning out the swimming pool.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes.   Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes. EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:34 pm

Once bleach removes the color, you're sunk and aside from taking a spray bottle and hitting the item all over to make it a speckled, uniform look, or dying it a darker color, there's nothing you can really do to repair the damage.

Interestingly though, here's a helpful hint for white clothes that have stubborn stains on them: Take the item, put an old cloth or paper towels under the spot where the stain is, then take bleach and mix one part of that with two equal parts of water to dilute (i.e. one tablespoon bleach, two tablespoons water), then either pour it through the stain, or dip a Q-tip into it and blot the stain, depending on its size. The stain will filter out onto the cloth below it, but this only works on pure white clothing.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes.   Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes. EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:38 pm

That really sucks, that's happened to me before too. Nothing you can do, turn them into "cleaning clothes".
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes.   Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes. EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:20 am

I wouldn't try and bleach the rest of it, because sometimes the colors don't sync when you try that. Plus the lining may remain the original color, which makes it look ugly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes.   Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes. Empty

Back to top Go down

Accidentally spilling bleach on your clothes.
Page 1 of 1