CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Forgiveness Man
Jason B.
Tony Marino
Chris
8 posters

Jessica

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Jessica Empty Jessica

Post by Chris Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 pm

What do you think should be done about the Jessica character? Thus far she hasn't been included in any cast list. Personally, I would like to see BW reprise the role, but last I heard she moved her family to California and is working on some other show (I forget which), so she probably isn't interested. Do you think they should recast, or just leave her out?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Jessica Empty Re: Jessica

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:55 pm

I would like to see BW come back. As far as her working on that other show, she plays a dead person on that show, all you really see is a picture of her. My sister watches it and that is what she told me. I really like BW but if she has to be re-cast then re-cast her.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Yes, I don't like that Jessica is absent while Natalie is present. I get a gnawing feeling that this could set Jessica up to become like Tina -- a central family member who remains inexplicably absent; while in the meantime Natalie gets passed the 'Viki baton,' becoming the shows central heroine, while Viki herself moves into the fore of elder matriarch. The idea of Natalie becoming the 'new Viki' is one that makes me shudder.

I hope PP brings Jessica back quickly, either through luring back BW or recasting her.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:33 pm

Chris wrote:Yes, I don't like that Jessica is absent while Natalie is present. I get a gnawing feeling that this could set Jessica up to become like Tina -- a central family member who remains inexplicably absent; while in the meantime Natalie gets passed the 'Viki baton,' becoming the shows central heroine, while Viki herself moves into the fore of elder matriarch. The idea of Natalie becoming the 'new Viki' is one that makes me shudder.

I hope PP brings Jessica back quickly, either through luring back BW or recasting her.

Man I just almost barfed thinking about Natalie being the new Viki! I would rather see Tina come back then have Natalie groomed to be the future matriarch of the family.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Jessica should be there. She's more important IMO than Natalie and has a longer, richer history with the show. I don't like that she's not included in the casting list so far and I do want Bree to reprise the role. If BW isn't interested and she may not be (she didn't sign on during PP's first revival attempt) then recast the role, but yes Jessica should absolutely be there.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:58 pm

If they aren't putting her with Nash, I say leave her in her HEA.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:49 am

So no one wants Erin Torpey back I see. LOL

Jessica was one of my favs, but soooooooo much damage was done to her that when she does come back I hope that they don't repeat any of that DID/Tess crap.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:59 pm

I liked Erin Torpey when she played Jessica but Bree made Jessica an adult. When I saw Erin the last time with Christian to me she is still a little girl. I would rather have Bree back.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Agree with Tony. Erin was fine as the child/teenager, but always came off as callow to me when Jessica started aging out of her teens. I can't see her playing a thirty-something Jessica.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Erin went as far in the role as she could. Her portrayal worked well at the time, but the character has changed too much and I can't see this actress being able to bring her full circle.
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by allison13 Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:21 pm

I caught a bit of the show this morning on Soapnet.Jessica is just now entering her second adolescence.This was one of my least favorite plots and reminded me all over again what a spineless victim she was.
    I don't want to see Jessica again unless she is sane,strong and independent.No sense in continuing to write the character as the eternal damsel in distress.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:18 pm

If they cannot present for this character beyond her being a damsel in distress, and overall nutcase (whose 2% alternate personalities they seem to prefer writing for), then I will be happy to never see her again. The writing for Jessica ever since Bree took over was 90% horrific. They had no idea who they wanted Jessica to be, or what purpose they wanted her to serve on the show, and so they threw a bunch of petty and overblown stunts at her to hide it. No thanks on seeing that again. It is bad enough Natalie is returning. I really do not need both of them there again.
    ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

Post by ForeverJash Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:13 am

I'm only here for BW as Jessica. If she's unwilling to return the I will be ok with Jess not being there for a while.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:51 pm