Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol

Go down 
+7
Jason B.
Alan Smithee
Impact
Supernova
Shale
Tony Marino
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol Empty
PostSubject: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Some people think that it's fine for kids to drink in the company of a parent or guardian. How do feel about kids smoking weed under the same kind of supervision? Some argue that marijuana is less hazardous than alcohol. Shrugs (Oh well…)

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:43 pm

I don't know. I don't think I would be comfortable with a kid of mine smoking marijuana or drinking in my presence.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:46 pm

While smoke is not good for you, overall MJ is less hazardous than alcohol. (This is not opinion it is fact. Take the number of deaths attributed to alcohol and compare to the lack of deaths attributed to grass.)

If young adults over 16 in the privacy of home and family share in the family alcohol, then you would expect the stoner family to share the weed also.
Blue Cool
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Shale wrote:
While smoke is not good for you, overall MJ is less hazardous than alcohol. (This is not opinion it is fact. Take the number of deaths attributed to alcohol and compare to the lack of deaths attributed to grass.)

If young adults over 16 in the privacy of home and family share in the family alcohol, then you would expect the stoner family to share the weed also.
Blue Cool

Assuming the parents smoke it in the first place. I'm not having ANYTHING in my house that makes it smell like a skunk's spraying it.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 pm

I wouldn't let my kids do either, but if I had to choose one over the other, it would be alcohol. A small celebratory glass of wine with the family isn't going to do any damage or even create a buzz. It's mainly for the sake of having them feel part of the celebration. By comparison, there is no redeeming factor in letting a kid toke. No one does it to window dress.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:31 pm

I didn't let my daughter do either when she was home. Am I naive enough to think she didn't at least try pot or booze when she was out of my sight? Of course not. That being said, I did share a doobie with my father when I was in college.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Impact wrote:
I wouldn't let my kids do either, but if I had to choose one over the other, it would be alcohol. A small celebratory glass of wine with the family isn't going to do any damage or even create a buzz. It's mainly for the sake of having them feel part of the celebration. By comparison, there is no redeeming factor in letting a kid toke. No one does it to window dress.

clapping Good answer. And in any case, letting your kid drink at home is perfectly legal, some states might be working on repealing laws against marijuana but some places are still dead set against it legally, but in all 50 states a parent can give their kid alcohol in their own home.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Impact wrote:
By comparison, there is no redeeming factor in letting a kid toke.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:10 pm

i get the philosophy that if they experiment with it in a safe environment, the allure could wear off. However, some kids will take it the other way... they will think that they handled themselves well with their parents there, so they can handle it outside of the home. they might get off trying to impress their friends with their experience or knowlege so they may need to feel the need to show off.

i never did it... and my mother made it quite clear it was not permissible. My sister was a junkie. My best friend allowed her kids to drink/smoke.. and now only one smokes pot... and only one drinks about once a month with his friends. so it is really an individual kid thing.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Even if marijuana is technically less addictive or destructive than alcohol, there's something about it that makes it seems more "wrong" for a parent to let their child indulge in while supervised. I would let my daughter have a small glass of light wine when she's older and if it were a rare special occasion, but I can't think of any occasion where I think it would be ok for her to take a hit off of a pot ciggy.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:16 am

Naw, underage and living under my roof, I'm not going to let you. You better do what I did when I was young, and hide it best you can.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:05 am

Cheaps wrote:
Naw, underage and living under my roof, I'm not going to let you. You better do what I did when I was young, and hide it best you can.

Basically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol   Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol Empty

Back to top Go down

Kids smoking marijuana vs. kids drinking alcohol
Page 1 of 1