Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?

Go down 
+11
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
JM130ELM
CeCe
Nystyle709
wants2laugh
AtownPeep
Supernova
Shale
Bluesmama
Marc™
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? Empty
PostSubject: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:39 am

Quote :
Steve Martin a first-time dad at 67
Last Updated: 9:38 AM, February 13, 2013
Posted: 12:16 AM, February 13, 2013

Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? Steve_martin--300x300

Steve Martin’s become a first-time dad at 67, Page Six has exclusively learned. The “It’s Complicated” star and his wife, Anne Stringfield, 41, welcomed a child in December and have been spotted nearby their LA home with the bundle of joy. “They’ve had a baby, and how they kept it a secret nobody knows,” a source said. “Steve’s very private.” The source added, “They are thrilled. They worked hard to have the baby.” The couple married in 2007 at Martin’s home in a surprise ceremony where guests, including Tom Hanks and Diane Keaton were told it was a party. Martin, meanwhile, has written of his own dad: “My father’s attitude toward my show-business accomplishments was critical. After my first appearance on ‘Saturday Night Live’ . . . he wrote a bad review of me in the newsletter of the Newport Board of Realtors where he was president.” But Martin wrote in 2008, years after his father died, “In his death, my father . . . did something he could not do in life. He brought our family together.” A rep for Martin declined to comment.

Do you think it's ever too late to have a baby?

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/steve_wild_and_crazy_dad_Ziq4vQ7zcToflzSvy2uu4J
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:10 am

Many of them probably make very good fathers, but here's some strikes against them: Trying to keep up with a growing child in their 70's; dealing with a teenager in their 70's and even 80's, and; a greatly increased chance of not seeing their grandchildren.
To each his own, I guess, but I fail to understand why any man would want to take this on so late in life.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:36 am

Bluesmama wrote:
Many of them probably make very good fathers, but here's some strikes against them: Trying to keep up with a growing child in their 70's; dealing with a teenager in their 70's and even 80's, and; a greatly increased chance of not seeing their grandchildren.
To each his own, I guess, but I fail to understand why any man would want to take this on so late in life.
yeah that…
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:48 am

What was it they said in that movie Something about Mary? Charlie Chaplin had kids at 70, but he was too old to pick them up.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:51 am

I don't so much blink twice at people who are older and have ANOTHER baby. But in cases like this where you become a FIRST TIME parent past a certain age seems a bit "late" IMO.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:53 am

AtownPeep wrote:
I don't so much blink twice at people who are older and have ANOTHER baby. But in cases like this where you become a FIRST TIME parent past a certain age seems a bit "late" IMO.

I thought Adrian Paul having his first kid at 50 was pushing it, but this one takes the retirement cake.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:10 am

picasso had kids into his seventies.. and never took care of them, they hated him.

i dont see why you would risk not being here for the child. my dad died at 30, leaving my mom with 5 kids. THAT was bad. My sister's hubby was 50 when their daughter was born, and ppl used to tell him "your granddaughter is so beautiful" LOL

some ppl get old and set in their ways too... so having a child disrupt them is not cool. I guess if you are rich, the nannies do the work, and you can set up trust funds in case you die. I just dont know why someone who might not see their kid graduate high school would want to do that... to themselves and especially to the kid
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:02 pm

Prob....but who cares. Babies come when they come. I have a chauvinistic male co-worker who pissed me off a few weeks ago. He said because I'm a woman, I can't have kids past the age of 35 and since I'm already old because I'm near that age, I need to have them right away. I wanted to slap that nigga.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Prob....but who cares. Babies come when they come. I have a chauvinistic male co-worker who pissed me off a few weeks ago. He said because I'm a woman, I can't have kids past the age of 35 and since I'm already old because I'm near that age, I need to have them right away. I wanted to slap that nigga.

Bullshit He needs to try a book even if someone has to read it to him.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 pm

If nature allows it, then it's not too late.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Deja vu, my mother's doctor told her if she had any kids after age 30 that she would die so she HAD to abort my brother when she was 34 and me when she was 39. And it was the idiot doctor that nearly killed her, not us. Funny, I thought TODAY people were supposed to know more than they did back then.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Bluesmama wrote:

yeah that…
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Bluesmama wrote:

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:59 pm

I told my wife that if we're to have any more kids, it won't happen past my turning forty and that once I hit that age, I may even get fixed. As it is I feel like I'll be an 'older' dad by the time my son is in school. I'll be well into my forties by the time he's a teenager and pushing early fifties when he's graduating high school. I can't imagine being that age or older and starting over again. That's when the grandkids are supposed to come.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Realistically it is, and I'm pretty sure Steve Martin isn't going to be changing that many diapers. That's the perk of being wealthy though, you can have children when you're as old as you can be and simply hire a staff to come in and do the grunt work. For every day folks like me, over 35 is pushing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:51 pm

It isn't as bad when there is a younger parent in the mix, which is usually the mom. I wouldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:03 pm

There are many factors involved that can make or break having children past a certain age. The biggest would be the couples desire for the child. Then it boils down to support. My aunt had her last baby at 41 and by then her older children were grown/almost grown and were there to help out, as was several others in the family. If you come from a large, close-knit family, that makes it much easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?   Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby? Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve Martin Becomes a First-Time Dad at 67: Is It Ever Too Late to Have a Baby?
Page 1 of 1