CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Prayers for Bobby

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Prayers for Bobby Empty Prayers for Bobby

Post by Tony Marino Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Was flipping channels and saw this on Lifetime so I decided to watch it. By the end of the movie I was crying like a little baby, very good movie, great performance by Sigourney Weaver:

http://www.prayersforbobby.com/

Academy Award nominee and Golden Globe winner Sigourney Weaver stars in this emotional true story about a deeply religious suburban housewife and mother who struggles to accept her son’s homosexuality. Mary Griffith (Weaver) is a devout Christian who has raised her children with a conservative religious perspective. When her son, Bobby (Ryan Kelley), reveals that he is gay to his older brother, the entire family dynamic is forever shifted. While Bobby’s father and siblings slowly come to terms with his homosexuality, Mary turns to her steadfast beliefs in an attempt to “cure” her son. Alienated and quickly becoming more detached from the safety of his close-knit family, Bobby’s depression drives him to take drastic – and tragic – actions. PRAYERS FOR BOBBY is the multiple Emmy Award and Golden Globe Award nominated true story of a mother torn between her loyalties, challenged by her faith, and moved by a tragedy that would change her life, and the lives of others, forever. Based on the book Prayers for Bobby by Leroy Aarons.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Prayers for Bobby Empty Re: Prayers for Bobby

Post by RedBedroom Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:15 pm

I want to see this again. The first time I saw it, when it was new, I was so pissed at the mother for the way she was in the beginning when he was still alive. Given it is a true story, I couldn't help feeling so sad that she waited to do the right thing after he was dead.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 pm

It was on the other day Red so maybe they are showing it this month. Yeah too much too late, it takes a tragedy to wake some people up.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:21 pm

I'll have to check the guide.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content