CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
wants2laugh
Alan Smithee
Shale
Supernova
Chris
9 posters

Would you rather your child be less attractive and extremely intelligent or extremely attractive and less intelligent?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Would you rather your child be less attractive and extremely intelligent or extremely attractive and less intelligent? Empty Would you rather your child be less attractive and extremely intelligent or extremely attractive and less intelligent?

Post by Chris Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:18 am

Let's say, for instance, you were interested in having a child by way of a donor (sperm or surrogate.) You have two people who're willing to donate whatever you need to for the conception of this child. One of them is very attractive, but a total airhead who isn't good at anything. The other is unattractive, but is the smartest person you know with a high IQ.

Who would you choose?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Would you rather your child be less attractive and extremely intelligent or extremely attractive and less intelligent? Empty Re: Would you rather your child be less attractive and extremely intelligent or extremely attractive and less intelligent?

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:20 pm

The world does NOT need another Paris Hilton, intelligence.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Would you rather your child be less attractive and extremely intelligent or extremely attractive and less intelligent? Empty Re: Would you rather your child be less attractive and extremely intelligent or extremely attractive and less intelligent?

Post by Shale Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Genetics is a crap shoot anyhow so there's actually not much choice.

I would want my child to be like me, intelligent and physically attractive.
    Blue Cool

(maybe even modest)
    Neutral
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:57 pm

My first concern would be that they're healthy. After that I think I would rather they had above average intellegence. Beauty fades. Unless we're talking Elephant Man, you can get a really good make over.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:56 pm

smarter... being less attractive than others while growing up may make them more compassionate towards others.. and then as adult, he/she could have plastic surgery to be a supermodel.

However, if they were stupid... OMG.. i would live forever cause i would be too damned worried about them.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:05 pm

There is hope for someone who isn't pretty enough.

No hope for an air-head.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 am

Attractive. And that's just because I would never procreate with someone that I wasn't attracted to, sperm donor or not. High IQ's aren't necessarily passed down from parent to child. I've met plenty of smart parents with dumb children. And I'm not stupid. The kid would still have a chance at being a genius. Would you rather your child be less attractive and extremely intelligent or extremely attractive and less intelligent? 404783
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:59 am

Extremely attractive. Intelligence isn't genetic and is mostly environmental and how a person is raised.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:02 am

Shrugs (Oh well…) Attractive... last thing I need is a child telling me what an idiot I am... At least we can go back and forth on the looks department.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 8:29 pm