CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

New cast picture

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

New cast picture Empty New cast picture

Post by Chris Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:14 pm

New cast picture Midhxe
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

New cast picture Empty Re: New cast picture

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:59 pm

Some of the characters look like they are being paired with somebody kind of gross. haha Cool pic, but until I see some good s/l, I'm witholding my excitement. Looks like a primetime pilot cast pic. haha

And WTH did they do to poor Destiny? Something tells me this will be the same character in name only...
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Some of the characters look like they are being paired with somebody kind of gross. haha Cool pic, but until I see some good s/l, I'm witholding my excitement. Looks like a primetime pilot cast pic. haha

And WTH did they do to poor Destiny? Something tells me this will be the same character in name only...

I told you they aged Destiny and Matthew so they are probably in their early 20's now.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

I told you they aged Destiny and Matthew so they are probably in their early 20's now.
    I know they aged them but sheesh... If they aren't even recognizable as the same characters...
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I know they aged them but sheesh... If they aren't even recognizable as the same characters...

We will get used to them as we do with re-casts.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:50 pm

I think Destiny will probably be a bigger character transition with the recast than Matthew, but as they say, the show must go on. No recast was ever as redefined as Blair was when Kassie DePaiva took over the role after Mia Korf. That was truly a case of 'different character with the same name.'
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:09 pm

Agree about Destiny. Speaking of Blair, they never did any storyline on who her father was. Maybe I could write in to Prospect Park and suggest it?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

We will get used to them as we do with re-casts.
    Eh, it's not the recast as much as the total character change. They essentially made Destiny more generic, and I don't like that. Just from the outfit alone, it's something Destiny would never wear. There's nothing to "get used to" 'cause this isn't the same Destiny in terms of character.

The Blair recast essentially was a different character. IDK, I hate it when they try to pass off new characters as old characters. Recasts should still try to portray the same person.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Eh, it's not the recast as much as the total character change. They essentially made Destiny more generic, and I don't like that. Just from the outfit alone, it's something Destiny would never wear. There's nothing to "get used to" 'cause this isn't the same Destiny in terms of character.

The Blair recast essentially was a different character. IDK, I hate it when they try to pass off new characters as old characters. Recasts should still try to portray the same person.

Well since they upped her age she can't possibly wear the same clothes as she did when she was 15 or 16. The old Destiny looked every bit her age this one looks older, trimmer and more like college age.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Well since they upped her age she can't possibly wear the same clothes as she did when she was 15 or 16. The old Destiny looked every bit her age this one looks older, trimmer and more like college age.

I don't expect the same outfits. That's not what I am saying. It's the WAY she dresses. The old Destiny simply wouldn't do that and if she's supposedly changed, we've essentially missed all of it. IDK, it just feels like this is just going to be a totally different character with the same name. One thing I liked about Destiny was that she was a normal human being and she didn't go around flouting skin. This Destiny seems to be more a boring and cliche 20-something type... Not that I can't accept recasts. At least the Matthew one could actually pass for a recasted Matthew. But this Destiny just seems more like a Deanna recast than a Destiny recast.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:07 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I don't expect the same outfits. That's not what I am saying. It's the WAY she dresses. The old Destiny simply wouldn't do that and if she's supposedly changed, we've essentially missed all of it. IDK, it just feels like this is just going to be a totally different character with the same name. One thing I liked about Destiny was that she was a normal human being and she didn't go around flouting skin. This Destiny seems to be more a boring and cliche 20-something type... Not that I can't accept recasts. At least the Matthew one could actually pass for a recasted Matthew. But this Destiny just seems more like a Deanna recast than a Destiny recast.

Well in reality we will never know how the old Destiny would have dressed at 20 years old. Maybe if she had lost some weight she might have dressed just like the new Destiny does. Funny I thought of Deanna when I saw the new girl. As far as character the old Destiny acted like a kid, this new one should act a bit more grown up judging from the way she looks. What about Dani, in that new pic she is dressed totally different than she was last time OLTL was on. Even her hair is different.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:08 am