CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

They shouldn't have killed off Karl

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

They shouldn't have killed off Karl Empty They shouldn't have killed off Karl

Post by Marc™ Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:38 pm

That was a big mistake. Karl's being a "gluttonous sleazeball on the surface, with earnest intentions underneath - with a side of humor" made him an interesting character.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

They shouldn't have killed off Karl Empty Re: They shouldn't have killed off Karl

Post by RedBedroom Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:53 pm

I often look at casting too literally, and feel it boils down to the actors, contracts and the like.

However, I agree with you. I think that if it was him in the wheelchair, with Bree, it would be just as entertaining (if not more) as Bree and Orson. Plus, another avenue would have been him feeling too self-defeated to practice law, and for him and Susan to partner up to make the strip club a financial success so as to protect his livelihood/Julie's inheritance.

Can you just imagine Bree with him AND him being an active partner in the strip club? That would make for some good scenes, IMO.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

They shouldn't have killed off Karl Empty Re: They shouldn't have killed off Karl

Post by Jason B. Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:00 am

I hated their killing off Karl too. Honestly I was rooting for Karl/Bree more than Orson/Bree. I think Karl/Bree had more chemistry. Sucks that all Karl was was a way to reconnect them.
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:59 pm

I was more rooting for Bree and Karl too. I don't know what it is, but something went out of Bree/Orson when they split that just hasn't been recovered. Unlike with Carlos and Gabrielle that season or so when they divorced and later got back together.
    SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by SkwirtB Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:01 am

Bree and Karl were only exciting in the moment. They would have never lasted IMO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:19 pm