Let's build some meals together! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's build some meals together!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

Let's build some meals together! Empty
PostSubject: Let's build some meals together!   Let's build some meals together! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:05 am

Saw this somewhere else and thought it was a neat idea!

Here's what we do:

1. One poster chooses a meal:

Breakfast or Lunch or Dinner...and then

2. Selects an entree or something we can "hang our hat on." Then

3. Next poster suggests a course: a side dish, a soup or salad, or type of bread, etc., whatever to go with it. I'll write a list of courses below. They don't all have to be used for each meal, though it might be fun to see how complete we can be at times.

4. Then the next poster suggests another course until we've built a meal. You don't have to complete the menu, since we'll build it together.

--
Give us some idea of how you would prepare the dish you suggest. There are no wrong answers, but we may not want radish on our chocolate cake. We can be creative, but want something harmonious that we would actually want to sit down to or serve our family and friends.

Since we don't have to cook or wash dishes we can plan an ideal meal or something simple and quick. Let's just have fun.

When we've completed the menu for one meal someone else choose a new meal (Breakfast Lunch or Dinner) and tell us what the entree is. Then we begin again.

Here's a list of the courses I could come up with so we'll have a guide. If you have a valid suggestion not on here, great.

Soup

Salad

Appetizer

Bread

Entrees:
Poultry

Beef

Pork

Fish

Egg

Casseroles or one dish entree

Stew

Sandwich

Vegetarian

Sides:

Vegetables

Rice

Potatoes

Pasta or noodles

Fruits

Desserts:
Cake

Pie

Fruit

Cookie or pastry

Beverages:
Hot

Cold

Extras:
Condiments - mustard, honey, etc.

Crackers

Jelly/jam

Cheese

Relish - pickles, olives, etc.

That little extra that makes it special

--

Here's our first meal.

I choose a DINNER with an entree of pork tenderloin. I'm gonna cook it sliced in a skillet with lemon pepper seasoning, Worcester sauce, and mustard.

What will we have with?
Back to top Go down
BlackPantherGod
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
BlackPantherGod

Male
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Let's build some meals together!   Let's build some meals together! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:46 am

Oops, sorry! I didn't notice you'd already chosen a meal and entree. :p

I'll go with a nice soup; I think a bacon-and-bean soup would go quite nicely as an appetiser before the pork tenderloin. Smile
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Let's build some meals together!   Let's build some meals together! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:18 am

I'll take care of a side dish - one of my fav. way to do root veggies. I'm taking potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes and zucchini and tossing them with olive oil and Italian seasoning and roasting them in the oven for an hour.

Don't worry - we have two ovens in our kitchen, so my veggies won't interrupt your pork tenderloin, nor will they have to share the oven. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's build some meals together!   Let's build some meals together! Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's build some meals together!
Page 1 of 1