CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
RedBedroom
RobbieFTW
Nystyle709
Marc™
8 posters

The Worst/Most Annoying Thing a Teacher or Boss Ever Said to You.

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

The Worst/Most Annoying Thing a Teacher or Boss Ever Said to You. Empty The Worst/Most Annoying Thing a Teacher or Boss Ever Said to You.

Post by Marc™ Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:29 am

I worked this retail job at JCP when I was 20 and of course they have their shitty little charge cards that employees are supposed to push on customers. Well one morning we had a pre-opening staff meeting and the manager remarked that there hadn't been enough credit apps. processed that week....and he looked directly at me. I hadn't been there in a week and responded "Don't look at me, I haven't been here since Monday." Then he cynically fired back, "well I don't remember you selling any on Monday either." The rest of the staff got a nice little snicker out of that.

For my entire shift that day, I was on the ledge of quitting. I REALLY didn't care for that little smart comment....
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

The Worst/Most Annoying Thing a Teacher or Boss Ever Said to You. Empty Re: The Worst/Most Annoying Thing a Teacher or Boss Ever Said to You.

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:44 am

Sorta the same with me when I was a cashier at a store. The manager had a meeting and all the employees were required to come (it was only like 7 of us). He had the meeting in the back room of the store and when I was there, I basically just had the piss off attitude like I really didn't want to be there. I can't even remember what he said, but since I had an attitude anyway, I gave him smart ass response like I normally would and he actually said something smart back. And then knowing me, I said something smart back as well and I was all down for going back and forth but then he stopped me and was like "just let it go, you don't wanna go there or lose your job" or some shit like that and yeah, everybody had a little snicker. I let it go cause it wasn't worth it. I had dirt on him anyway.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

The Worst/Most Annoying Thing a Teacher or Boss Ever Said to You. Empty Re: The Worst/Most Annoying Thing a Teacher or Boss Ever Said to You.

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:03 am

When I was in college, there was this one English course I took that I was failing because I hardly showed up. Even tho I hadnt gone to class for weeks, I got some silly urge to show up for the final exam. The teacher saw me walk in and said to me "let's take a walk" . . . As she walked me out she said "Stephen [real name] you have failed this class, there is no point in your being here" and shut the door in my face.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:32 pm

I went to elementary in Chicago. My fifth grade teacher was a jerk who wanted to be an actor and let it always be known to us that he did not want to be teaching. I was doing terribly in math and one day he brought me up to the desk and asked, "are you scared?" I said, "no." I wasn't even sure what he meant, but I was a good kid, so it had to do with the bad math grade. All he said after I said no, was, "You should be." Then he had me sit down.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:19 am

I think the most annoying was "we're going to have to let you go."
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:31 am

GrayWolf wrote:I think the most annoying was "we're going to have to let you go."

Haha. good one
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:33 am

GrayWolf wrote:I think the most annoying was "we're going to have to let you go."

laughing
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 am

I had a prof who was a radical feminist in the worst possible way - the way that makes most people cringe when they hear the word feminist, or feminism. My group was assigned "feminist gender theory" for a class presentation. She all but failed us because she didn't like the way we presented her fav. theory. We met all of the criteria laid out, and went beyond it, and the class loved the presentation. She failed us on several areas, claiming those parts were missing from our presentation, when they weren't. We took a few days to collect ourselves - some of us were in tears while others were ready to go for her jugular. After several days had passed, we went to her and presented her with the evidence that we had met all of the requirements and that we should not have been failed in those areas. She said she would consult with a colleague and get back to us. When she did, she said that "after consulting with my colleague, I will not be changing your grade, as my initially assessment had been correct". We were all furious and thought about taking it further, but figured there would be no point, as the colleague she consulted with was one of the main advisors and we no longer had faith in them. We got our revenge on the evaluations and later two of us went to the director, who was quite surprised that both of us were barely passing her class, when it was at the same level as another class that we were both acing. He listened, at least, and was sympathetic, but it was too late by then to really do anything, though I know that there were huge changes the following year. Another prof, who cared about the students, ended up with both of us in her office in tears, on separate occasions.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:11 am

TSJ, that is terrible.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:12 pm

I'm too long out of school to remember anything that a teacher might of said and I've always been fairly well thought of at work but I had a part time job once at one of those warehouse type home improvment stores and business had been off for a while. One day after I punched in someone told me the woman in HR wanted to see me. I get back there and the store manager is there too. "Don't worry", they tell me, "you're not in trouble but things are too slow and we've got to cut so many hours that we have to let you go." It wasn't a big deal as I had a full time job and it was just a little extra cash but I remember wanting to tell them, "Gee, it's a good thing I'm not in trouble. I could have lost my job."
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:53 pm

alansmithee wrote:I'm too long out of school to remember anything that a teacher might of said and I've always been fairly well thought of at work but I had a part time job once at one of those warehouse type home improvment stores and business had been off for a while. One day after I punched in someone told me the woman in HR wanted to see me. I get back there and the store manager is there too. "Don't worry", they tell me, "you're not in trouble but things are too slow and we've got to cut so many hours that we have to let you go." It wasn't a big deal as I had a full time job and it was just a little extra cash but I remember wanting to tell them, "Gee, it's a good thing I'm not in trouble. I could have lost my job."

laughing
    At least you weren't in any trouble. Other than the whole no more getting a paycheck from them thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:35 pm