CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Nystyle709
Marc™
6 posters

Gas Prices Are About to Increase

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Gas Prices Are About to Increase Empty Gas Prices Are About to Increase

Post by Marc™ Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:26 am

Just heard on the radio today that gas is about to go up by 20 to 30¢.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Gas Prices Are About to Increase Empty Re: Gas Prices Are About to Increase

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:44 am

That's some bullshit. Just when I was getting used to them being steady for while. Oh well, looks like I'm have to reload my MetroCard. I prob. will be using it more often now.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:41 am

No surprise here.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 am

Where did you hear this? The following is pasted from a recent newspaper article in NJ:

New Jersey motorists are getting more miles per gallon at the pump, according to a recent survey.

And if estimates hold, fuel prices should get even cheaper by Halloween.

Gasoline prices in the state dropped more than 3 cents in the past week — selling for an average of $2.45 a gallon, according to NewJerseyGasPrices.com.

That’s 4.7 cents lower than the same period a year ago, said the online price-tracking site, one of 200 run by GasBuddy.com. Prices are 13 cents lower than they were a month ago because there is too much supply and not enough demand.

"With gasoline supply closing the summer driving season out at the highest levels since records began in 1990, there will be significant pressure for prices to fall, especially if hurricane season doesn’t make a large impact on high supply numbers," said Patrick DeHaan, senior petroleum analyst for GasBuddy.com. "Combine those high supply numbers with typically weak autumn gasoline demand numbers, and fundamentals easily merit lower gasoline prices than we’re currently seeing."

The $2.45 a gallon price is lower than the national average of $2.68 a gallon, a price that fell 9.3 cents from a month ago and 0.2 cents in the past week.

Gas prices across the country could drop between 10 percent and 20 percent within two months as refiners begin making less expensive winter gasoline, DeHaan estimates.

The hurricane season could temporarily cause a spike in prices, but it would be short-lived, he said.

The trend of dropping fuel prices should help keep a lid on inflation when the Consumer Price Index figures for August are released on Sept. 17.

A jump in gas prices helped the index rise moderately in July. In that month, the energy index had its first increase since January, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The energy index accounted for more than two-thirds of the seasonally adjusted increase for all items, the bureau said, as both "the gasoline and household energy indexes turned up in July after a series of declines."

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:53 pm

alan smithee wrote:Where did you hear this? The following is pasted from a recent newspaper article in NJ:

New Jersey motorists are getting more miles per gallon at the pump, according to a recent survey.

Yeah because in Jersey, there is no such thing as 'self-service'. It's easier to keep the prices down because they never have to worry about drive-offs. I know that whenever I drive out of town or whenever I come back in to NY, I always fill up in Jersey. I've seen the price of gas skyrocket in NY, but fall in Jersey so it's not that surprising.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Yeah but Jersey not withstanding the article also said that prices nationwide could drop 10-20%. That's percent not cents. If the average price is $2.68 that's a $0.27 to $0.54 drop. I'm not saying Marc's wrong, I'd just like to know the source of the information.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:46 pm

I haven't heard anything about it, but this time a year gas prices tend to decrease. With summer ending, road trips and excessive driving starts to die down.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Marc wrote:Just heard on the radio today that gas is about to go up by 20 to 30¢.
    Marc, sorry man. I just noticed you said you heard it on the radio. No need to be more specific.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:03 pm

We pay about $3.80-$4.20 per gallon where I live (in Canada, gas is sold in litres, so I had to convert) In other places, especially further north, it's even higher.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:42 pm