CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Marc™
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
femme fatale
Supernova
9 posters

Sports, who does NOT care about them?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Sports, who does NOT care about them? Empty Sports, who does NOT care about them?

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:20 am

For a little lawn activity they're fine, but professional sports, sabes que, I watch the Superbowl every year and a little flat track racing, and that's enough for me. I don't get a damn about professional, organized sports and can't see why we have a minimum of five sports channels running all the time when it's all full of stuff we ain't watching, basketball here, basketball there, football, baseball, boxing, whatever, who cares? I don't. I don't care about the teams, who wins, nada. As far as I'm concerned, it's completely irrelevant, who agrees?
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Sports, who does NOT care about them? Empty Re: Sports, who does NOT care about them?

Post by femme fatale Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:44 am

** RAISES HAND **
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Sports, who does NOT care about them? Empty Re: Sports, who does NOT care about them?

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:21 am

One of the benefits of changing channels, huh?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Count me in! Organized sports is a racket!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Count me in! Organized sports is a racket!

Hear hear! It's a real crock. Richard Belzer had it right in Homicide, sports aren't supposed to be taken seriously, and yet they are, and so it's a multi billion dollar racket, and from the little kids on they're taught kill kill kill, win win win, no room for second place, got to get bigger, stronger, faster, so they take steroids, and spend all time on sports, sports and winning becomes their god, and WHERE is the fun supposed to be in all of this?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:34 pm

^^^^I have no clue. Sports is almost like a religion today. The Super Bowl is like their Easter! xD When it comes to organized sports, color me an atheist. xD Kick a ball around in the yard or throw it back and forth at the park, it's good exercise. But organized sports is a crock.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:47 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^^I have no clue. Sports is almost like a religion today. The Super Bowl is like their Easter! xD

You do NOT know the half of it. Christmas morning we can't even get any Christmas carols on the damn radio here, nooooo no, Christmas morning they have to announce the scores of the ongoing basketball game and keep at that for God knows how long.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Supernova wrote:You do NOT know the half of it. Christmas morning we can't even get any Christmas carols on the damn radio here, nooooo no, Christmas morning they have to announce the scores of the ongoing basketball game and keep at that for God knows how long.
    Wow, that is bad. xD I don't celebrate the all-Holy days of the Sports religion.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Wow, that is bad. FORGIVENESS MAN I don't celebrate the all-Holy days of the Sports religion.

Indeeeeeeeed, some people act like it's so great, that school sports are so great for the kids, it's teamwork, it's exercise, it's fun, no it's not, it's kill kill kill, win win win, no room for second place, AND they have to drag the families out to watch them Friday nights AND Saturday afternoons. Good idea, we wouldn't want those kids to actually have any kind of lives or to spend time with their families, that's the root of all evil after all, right? Bullshit
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:08 pm

LOL@the dramatics.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:53 am

I only like basketball. Football, baseball, hockey, golf, fishing, etc. I have zero interest in. It's football season and at work people try to talk to me about Chris Johnson and Peyton Manning and I'm like...."what?"
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:11 am

And golf...I don't get it...I'm sure it's a great game to play ( :rme: ) but why the hell would people go and sit in the hot sun and watch somebody playing it? 'Oooooh, he hit the ball, oooooh, he hit the ball again, the ball went in a hole!' I don't see the appeal...it's not like somebody's going to jump out of the water hazard and clobber the guy or steal the ball away from him, so why bother going to watch it?
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:43 am

I'm not at all into sports but I can play them easily. I'm tall and have good aim so I'm good @ bball, I'm fast and like to run so football is no problem, I can be aggressive and can skate so hockey is easy. I like whack stuff so tennis and baseball aren't a problem. But I'm just too much of a lazy 90s GenX stoner kid to care anything about sports. They're just boring to me. I have brothers into that crap so my mom and dad have their prerequisite jock sons. I like food, music, pot, sex and sleep.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:57 am

I grew up with a dad and 2 brothers and I tend to date guys who are sports nuts, I've had my moments where I got caught up in the excitment of the game via them but for the most part I'd rather not have anything to do with sports. I think they're uninteresting and am mostly put off by how stupid, loud and dramatic guys act over them. They behave worst than women and soaps.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:08 am

So why would you date guys who act like that?
    LVJoel
    LVJoel
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by LVJoel Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:57 pm

Not good at 'em, don't like to watch them on TV, and I think that professional athletes' salaries are insane and unjustified.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:LOL@the dramatics.
    Just like sports! xD
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:15 pm

LVJoel wrote:Not good at 'em, don't like to watch them on TV, and I think that professional athletes' salaries are insane and unjustified.

Indeeeeeeeed, 3 million dollars for a professional baseball player, 5 million for basketball, and I don't know how many millions for the football players...for what? Running around a stupid field with a ball?

And in comparison, how much are teachers paid? $40,000? $70,000 at best maybe? A nurse, little over $40,000? Firemen, somewhere between $37,000 and $70,000. Somewhere between $30,000 and $50,000 for cops. Does anybody else notice something wrong with this picture? Geez, you could take the salary of one stupid basketball player and use that money to hire how many teachers and order in how many sets of text books to make sure there are enough to go around in a school? Or better yet, with 3 or 5 million dollars, how many starving families, in ANY country, ours, an African village, wherever...would that feed? How many supplies would that buy to send to the troops? How many kids with cancer could be given the operations they need? But apparently that's not entertaining so it doesn't matter.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:34 am

Supernova wrote:

Indeeeeeeeed, 3 million dollars for a professional baseball player, 5 million for basketball, and I don't know how many millions for the football players...for what? Running around a stupid field with a ball?

And in comparison, how much are teachers paid? $40,000? $70,000 at best maybe? A nurse, little over $40,000? Firemen, somewhere between $37,000 and $70,000. Somewhere between $30,000 and $50,000 for cops. Does anybody else notice something wrong with this picture? Geez, you could take the salary of one stupid basketball player and use that money to hire how many teachers and order in how many sets of text books to make sure there are enough to go around in a school? Or better yet, with 3 or 5 million dollars, how many starving families, in ANY country, ours, an African village, wherever...would that feed? How many supplies would that buy to send to the troops? How many kids with cancer could be given the operations they need? But apparently that's not entertaining so it doesn't matter.

It's called capitalism. Your precious "Christian" politicians are 1000% for it, so I don't know why you're complaining. The salaries these ball players make would seem ridiculous to the average person like you and I but you're not realizing that these corporations, teams, etc, even the government at the local, state and federal level are making BILLIONS of dollars off of these players. You're going to pay Kobe Bryant 100k a year when you're making 500+ million (and I'm lowballing it here) off of him? Doesn't work like that. It's called business sweetheart. 'Organized' (lol) sports are a business. I personally am not a sports nut but I damn sure don't see the reason to say it's 'stupid' or 'ridiculous' to someone who is. The "kill kill kill" or whatever attitude you seem to think that resonates with the majority of sports fans is Bullshit. Think about what these players (both professional and non professional) would be doing if they didn't have a football field, basketball court, tennis court, or soccer field to go to.
    kinetic
    kinetic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 19

Post by kinetic Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:49 pm

I'm only slightly interested during playoff's and finals. I hardly ever watch any of them during the regular season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:50 am