How do you make your spaghetti?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you make your spaghetti?

Go down 
+3
Nhaiyel
Alan Smithee
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

How do you make your spaghetti?  Empty
PostSubject: How do you make your spaghetti?    How do you make your spaghetti?  EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Do you separate the boiled noddles, the sauce, the meatballs, and then mix it all together on the plate? I think that's the more traditional way of making it (Tony?)

Personally, the way I prepare it is I throw in all in the ingredients in the same pot at once. I don't too much bother with meatballs. Instead I mash up ground beef, season it, cook it; then add it in with the noodles. Then apply the sauce. Then add grated cheese on top. Let it cook/boil, and viola! My version of spaghetti.

It's the way my mom and dad make it, so I learned it from them. Not at all traditional, kinda ghetto, but good just the same! 😆
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How do you make your spaghetti?    How do you make your spaghetti?  EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Chris wrote:
Do you separate the boiled noddles, the sauce, the meatballs, and then mix it all together on the plate? I think that's the more traditional way of making it (Tony?)

Personally, the way I prepare it is I throw in all in the ingredients in the same pot at once. I don't too much bother with meatballs. Instead I mash up ground beef, season it, cook it; then add it in with the noodles. Then apply the sauce. Then add grated cheese on top. Let it cook/boil, and viola! My version of spaghetti.

It's the way my mom and dad make it, so I learned it from them. Not at all traditional, kinda ghetto, but good just the same! 😆

Tony, could you also please explain the difference between "sauce" and "gravy"? :biggrin:
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: How do you make your spaghetti?    How do you make your spaghetti?  EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 12:09 am

Chris wrote:

I melt cheese (Mozzarella!) on top of it too. That's some good ass spaghetti. Don't forget the Bell pepper for added flavor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How do you make your spaghetti?    How do you make your spaghetti?  EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:22 am

I cook the ground beef first, season it and then add bell pepper and chopped onions, if I feel like it. I don't too much bother with meatballs either. Drain the juice, then add the sauce to the meat. Once that's boiled and simmered, I add a little ketchup and mix it in. Maybe my palate is different from everybody else's, but ketchup gives spaghetti that extra 'bite' to it. It enhances the sauce. I always boil the noodles separately.....I never mix it in with the meat. Once both items are done, then I put it on a plate...noodles first, meat on top and top of with shredded cheese, which will melt on top of the meat since it's already hot. I only mix it up while I'm eating it. Voila, Nystyle's homemade spaghetti. cool
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: How do you make your spaghetti?    How do you make your spaghetti?  EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:55 am

With tons of oregano and Parmesan cheese. Oh and garlic. I don't do meatballs in spaghetti either because I'll most likely eat the meatballs and just be left with a bunch of noddles and sauce.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: How do you make your spaghetti?    How do you make your spaghetti?  EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:55 am

Chris wrote:

Yum. Cook for me! How do you make your spaghetti?  372971 How do you make your spaghetti?  Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How do you make your spaghetti?    How do you make your spaghetti?  EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:36 am

alan smithee wrote:

Tony, could you also please explain the difference between "sauce" and "gravy"? :biggrin:

Its the same thing Italians call it gravy Americans call it sauce.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How do you make your spaghetti?    How do you make your spaghetti?  EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:42 am

Chris wrote:
Do you separate the boiled Pasta, the gravy, the meatballs, and then mix it all together on the plate? I think that's the more traditional way of making it (Tony?)

Personally, the way I prepare it is I throw in all in the ingredients in the same pot at once. I don't too much bother with meatballs. Instead I mash up ground beef, season it, cook it; then add it in with the noodles. Then apply the gravy. Then add grated cheese on top. Let it cook/boil, and viola! My version of spaghetti.

Chris you boil the meat and the pasta together in water????

Your making a meat sauce basically by combining the ingredients, the correct way to make meat sauce is to cook the crumbled meat in the sauce and then spread it out on the spaghetti.

The correct way of doing spaghetti and meatballs is to cook everything separate, the pasta (prepared al dente) the gravy and the meatballs. The pasta is left in the strainer until you are ready to put it in the pasta bowl and ladle the gravy over it. The meatballs are usually fried and then served in a separate bowl but you can cook them in the gravy if you want and serve on top of the spaghetti.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you make your spaghetti?    How do you make your spaghetti?  Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you make your spaghetti?
Page 1 of 1