CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
Kral
Supernova
7 posters

Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? Empty Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:50 am

A while back there was a poll asking men and women if they thought a physical affair or an emotional affair was the worst of the two. And surprisingly, more men said they found an emotional one to be worse than a physical one. I don't get this logic. Yes, an emotional affair can hurt, it can destroy the trust between two people, but nobody gets an STD from it or an unwanted pregnancy, so I'd call it the lesser of two evils.

Where's everybody else stand?
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? Empty Re: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?

Post by Kral Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:00 am

All affairs are pretty equally bad IMO. An "emotional" affair is just an interlude because 9.5 out of 10 it will turn physical. Now that I think about it, it's probably worse (emotional) because you're giving away part of your heart to someone else. Some people detach from sex. Means nothing to them, but an emotional affair is basically taking some of your love away from your significant other and giving it to this other person.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse? Empty Re: Would you find a physical affair or an emotional one to be worse?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:02 am

Cheating is cheating but as a man I can't relate to that attidude (emotional infidelity is worse). I would be a lot less concerned that my wife met a man for lunch because he shared interests with her that I didn't and a lot more concerned that they would wind up in a motel after lunch. I think in most cases the emotional is a gateway to the sexual.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:08 am

I think an emotional affair is much worse. With a a physical affair, you can just "hook-up" and move on. Emotions on the other hand are not easy, especially if you find yourself falling for someone. We all know you don't have to be physical at all to have feelings for someone.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Emotional is much worse, but I think that it is easier for most to forgive an emotional affair. Because people have such a hang up that sex is what makes an affair "really bad".
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Maybe I'll change my mind if someone can give me some examples of "emotional" affairs.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:57 pm

Well the whole thing beats me because to me an affair IS having sex with somebody other than your spouse.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:46 am

Depending on the situation, a one night stand can be forgivable....but an "emotional" affair (having a full fledged frolic-y relationship with someone on the side) can't be excused.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:02 am

An emotional affair would be much, much worse. As has been said before, you're basically giving your heart to someone else -- or at least part of it. I'm not one for cheating, period, but if I were more lenient, I imagine I'd be able to take a one-night stand over an ongoing side romance.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:08 am

alan smithee wrote:Maybe I'll change my mind if someone can give me some examples of "emotional" affairs.

An emotional affair is a situation that a person sees in another, outside his or her relationship. having a deep connection. A person engaging in an emotional affair will be sharing/venting/expressing more to his affair than he or she is the relationship.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:14 pm