Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There Empty
PostSubject: Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There   Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Has anybody here read these two books? What did you think of them?

From my own personal experience, naturally they're a bit hard to understand when nothing makes sense, but they were fun and the way I see it, since Alice WAS the first children's book that could just be fun and not educational or moral, that had to have given Lewis Carroll a lot of room to work with as he had no competition. He could make it as crazy as he wanted and there wasn't anybody that could top him in it.

I was surprised however when I read Through the Looking Glass because I had always assumed that through the looking glass was another entrance back into Wonderland, I hadn't noticed before reading them that they were two entirely different worlds with different characters. But I liked both of them, and I wonder if Carroll had ever planned to do another story involving Alice.

What's everybody else's take?
Back to top Go down

Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There
Page 1 of 1