Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno?

Go down 
4 posters

Which Irwin Allen movie of the 1970s do you prefer?
The Toweing Inferno
Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? I_vote_lcap33%Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
The Poseidon Adventure
Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? I_vote_lcap67%Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
I like them both
Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? I_vote_lcap0%Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? Empty
PostSubject: Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno?   Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Which disaster movie from the 70s do you prefer and think is the better of the two? The Poseidon Adventure, or The Towering Inferno?

I've gotta go with Towering Inferno, fire makes for a better story than water, and getting 300 people out of a room 135 floors up with the fire above and below them, now that's exciting.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno?   Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Honestly, I'm not crazy about either. Maybe it's just the genre. I'm not saying either is horrible, just mot my first choice.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno?   Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:18 pm

It was a hard choice to make since both of them are fantastic disaster movies with a great cast of actors. The re-make of Posideon was not as good as the original.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno?   Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:53 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
The re-make of Posideon was not as good as the original.

They never are, not really...it seems like the last great remakes of older movies ended in the early 90s.
Back to top Go down
adamwarlock
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
adamwarlock

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno?   Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:57 pm

My vote's for Poseidon Adventure. A small group trying to get out of the ship before it goes under. Kept it simple and somewhat believable.

To me, Towering Inferno has too many unbelievable moments (esp. the solution to saving everyone which sounds worse than burning up). It was an "all star cast" movie with all kinds of soap opera subplots. It's OK, but corny. There were worse disaster movies to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno?   Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? Empty

Back to top Go down

Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno?
Page 1 of 1