Overweight children Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overweight children

Go down 
+10
RedBedroom
Marc™
Nystyle709
el Rio
Tony Marino
JM130ELM
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
Chris
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Overweight children Empty
PostSubject: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 3:55 am

Are parents to blame for overweight children?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:18 am

Well, since I think that parents are responsible for what their kids eat and if they’re playing a video game or out riding their bike…I’m going with yes.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:14 am

Partially I guess.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 10:00 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 10:11 am

Overweight children are as much the parents fault as spoiled children.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 10:14 am

Yes I think its the parents fault shoving all this fast food and sugar garbage at their kids all the time.
Back to top Go down
el Rio
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.

Male
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 10:35 am

Yes. Childhood is supposed to be a time of activity so the body and mind can grow. Parents need to insure their kids are getting what they need to become healthy adults.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:36 am

Yes and no. Contrary to what people think.....genetics does play a factor in overweight children and overweight people in general. Kids can be chubby as kids and then grow out of it. You don't know what's going on in someone's house. Yeah, if they are feeding their kids fast food and junk all day and letting them sit in the house and play video games, then they are a big part of it. But then that's not always the case. Everyone's metabolism is not the same. The children can be eating normal and getting some activity but are still a little chubby because they have to work extra and harder to keep the weight off and they don't do that.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:27 am

If the parents are overweight themselves, then you know where the kid picked up those bad eating habits from.....if one kid is fat and his siblings are all thin, then maybe not.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:38 am

YES
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:58 am

Yes, for the most part. Parents are the ones who should be setting examples and getting the kids to lead healthy lives. Genetics does play a role and parents need to be aware of that. High cholestral and high blood pressure run in my family. When we realized that, my parents changed the way our family ate. We knew we were at risk... okay - they knew - we were just young kids - and they changed our family's lifestyle as a result. We were all encouraged to be active. I don't know how many times I pass an overweight couple in the grocery store and seetheir cart is piled with unhealthy food. Pretty soon, overweight kids come along with more junkfood. It starts young, too.

Genetics does play a role and in that case, families have to work a lot harder to combat obesity. I'm not talking about kids who are just overweight, but the ones who are truly obese.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:49 am

I think most of the time its the parents fault because they use junk to pacify or reward, or are just plain not monitoring what and how the kids eat. When I was a little I was fat and it was because I lived in a house where food and snacks were always being served or available. Everybody in the house was fat at some point. I eventually grew into my body and shed the pounds as a teen, but looking back I wasn't chubby just because I came from thick stock (even though I do) it was because I gorged on meats & sweets and nobody stopped me.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:43 am

Because kids don't buy groceries, it's totally the parents faults. Eating habits are sanctioned by the adults in the house. Somewhere along the line you shut them up with snacks or turned your back and let them splurge on their own. A kid can't OD on pizza and twinkies if you don't bring that junk around them.

Check this out

Last edited by GrayWolf on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:47 am

Exactly, you know once they're older and they are able to go out by themselves and go to the stores to get junk food, that's one thing, but how could anybody look at those kids and think the parents are NOT at fault here?
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:14 pm

I agree that if a toddler is clinically obese, it's his parents negligence. We come from a familial culture that shows love with an overabundance of food. Then the same grandmothers who stuff their grand kids faces will be the first to complain out loud about how fat they're getting.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:26 pm

And it's not just kids. Pets are often subjected to the same treatment of overfeeding, to the point that they become grossly obese. The other night on Animal Planet they had a special on on obese animals, first one up, 35 pound cat, looks like he should weigh 60, and my brother complains I feed our cat too much and she's only 12 pounds?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Overweight children, the result of bad parenting?   Overweight children EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:21 am

Do you question the parenting skills of people with significantly overweight children? Do you think that it is a result of parental error?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:33 am

I think you've asked this before, Chris. But my answer is basically yes. Baring some medical condition, obesity is the result of too much food and too little activity. Parents should control both. Much of the time though, when you see fat children you see fat parents too.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:35 am

It could easily be a parent's fault but I wouldn't always be quick to blame the parent. I'd likely try to assess the situation they're in to see the whole picture. Of course, not really in much position to blame them anyway since they're not my kids.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 am

Chris wrote:
Do you question the parenting skills of people with significantly overweight children? Do you think that it is a result of parental error?
co-signs
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:27 am

Nine times out of ten, it is the parent's fault.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overweight children   Overweight children Empty

Back to top Go down

Overweight children
Page 1 of 1