If your child were overweight Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If your child were overweight

Go down 
+4
Tony Marino
MandyPerfumeGirl
JM130ELM
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

If your child were overweight Empty
PostSubject: If your child were overweight   If your child were overweight EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:46 am

Say your six year old weighed at least fifteen pounds more than his pediatrician says he should, how diligent would you be in taking steps to lose him the weight? Or would you at all?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: If your child were overweight   If your child were overweight EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 am

I wouldn't be that diligent, I would just scratch his junk food off the shopping list and limit his TV time. Watch the weight fall off.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: If your child were overweight   If your child were overweight EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:29 pm

I think I'd want him/her to lose the weight, but I'd do it in a very subtle way - buy more healthy foods and have more physical "Mom time" with him/her, like going for walks or playing outside. At six years-old, the child wouldn't realize my intention - which is good, because I wouldn't want to enforce that idea that chubbiness was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: If your child were overweight   If your child were overweight EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:57 pm

I would try small things like limiting sweets and trying to get him/her to do a bit more exercising instead of sitting in front of the TV.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: If your child were overweight   If your child were overweight EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:04 pm

I would not change diet, because my son has always had a good diet to begin with. So, I guess if he packed on lbs. it would be because he is being too inactive, so he would start going to the Y more nights per week for longer each session.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: If your child were overweight   If your child were overweight EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:13 pm

I would limit his helpings. A friend of mine has a four year old that is on the chubbier side and I notice that after the child eats, he comes back for seconds and thirds. That I would cut out.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: If your child were overweight   If your child were overweight EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:58 pm

I'd do what I could to keep him active, as while I'd allow junkfood, it would be a treat, not a regular thing, so overeating wouldn't likely be the cause in my house.

ITA with cateyes that portion control is the key. For a 6 year old to be overweight, given how active most six year olds are, then there really is something not quite right. I'd limit down time - time in front of the TV or a gaming system or the computer - and increase physical activity.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: If your child were overweight   If your child were overweight EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:09 am

I can't help but think most 6 year olds who're overweight probably have parents who need to drop a few too. They probably took their overeating cues from them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If your child were overweight   If your child were overweight Empty

Back to top Go down

If your child were overweight
Page 1 of 1