Birth control and minors. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Birth control and minors.

Go down 
+3
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Birth control and minors. Empty
PostSubject: Birth control and minors.   Birth control and minors. EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:48 am

Do you think minors ought to be able to independently obtain birth control (condoms, pills, etc.), or should it be (legally) up to parents to allow/disallow it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Birth control and minors.   Birth control and minors. EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:26 am

It should be legally up to the parents to allow it. It's part of being a MINOR. We can't give minors so much as an aspirin for a headache. Minors can't do anything big without their parents consent. Birth control should not be any different. It's called being a MINOR! It means you answer to people until you are 18. Deal with it like an adult if you're so willing to prove how much of an adult you are.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Birth control and minors.   Birth control and minors. EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:17 am

Really...like I don't think they should get a free pass on it, I don't think schools should just pass them out free condoms and say 'your parents don't need to know'. They're the parents, they had those kids and spend 13+ years raising them, if the kid is having sex, it is damn well the parents' business more than it is the schools'. And if any teenager mentions that they're ready to have sex because they're soooooooo mature and grown up and responsible, fine, they can get a job to pay for their own damn birth control since they're so grown up.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Birth control and minors.   Birth control and minors. EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:59 am

^^^^I agree!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Birth control and minors.   Birth control and minors. EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:30 pm

Chris wrote:
Do you think minors ought to be able to independently obtain birth control (condoms, pills, etc.), or should it be (legally) up to parents to allow/disallow it?

Well, it's already like that anyway. It should stay the way it is. Anybody can get condoms and a teenage girl can't get the shot or pills without her parents consent. Condoms are an effective method of birth control and anybody should be able to obtain them.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Birth control and minors.   Birth control and minors. EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:59 pm

Female birth control is more complicated because it involves medicine (pills anyway) so that should be left up to the parents but I think anybody should be able to buy condoms at any age.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Birth control and minors.   Birth control and minors. EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:16 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:
Female birth control is more complicated because it involves medicine (pills anyway) so that should be left up to the parents but I think anybody should be able to buy condoms at any age.

Yeah, BUY, but I'm not big on the idea of schools just passing them out to whoever wants them.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Birth control and minors.   Birth control and minors. EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:50 pm

I think that schools should be able to give out condoms because it is not only birth control. It is disease prevention. Granted, it is added cost to school budget, but much less burden on a state than minor pregnancy or STD treatment.

As far as a girl being able to be on the pill, that should involve the parent. And if she is too scared to tell her overly strict parents, then she needs to have her boy keep it in his pants.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Birth control and minors.   Birth control and minors. EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:16 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
I think that schools should be able to give out condoms.

I agree 100%....

To answer the OP's question, I think minors should absolutely be able to be allowed to independently obtain birth control, whether it be pills or condoms or whatever. The fact of the matter is that if a minor wants to have sex, that's what they're going to do and if they're going to do it, shouldn't they be protected? Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birth control and minors.   Birth control and minors. Empty

Back to top Go down

Birth control and minors.
Page 1 of 1