CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Marc™
binky04
NIKOL99
7 posters

Miss Beverly Hills Lauren Ashley Opposes Same Sex Marriage

NIKOL99
    NIKOL99
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

News Miss Beverly Hills Lauren Ashley Opposes Same Sex Marriage

Post by NIKOL99 Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 am

Updated February 23, 2010
    Miss Beverly Hills Lauren Ashley Opposes Same Sex Marriage

By Hollie McKay - FOXNews.com

Former Miss California Carrie Prejean isn't the only beauty queen open to expressing her objection to same-sex marriage. Miss Beverly Hills 2010 Lauren Ashley is also speaking out in support of traditional nuptials.

Miss Beverly Hills Lauren Ashley Opposes Same Sex Marriage Ashley640_doomsday_604x341

Carrie Prejean isn't the only beauty queen open to expressing her objection to same-sex marriage.

Miss Beverly Hills 2010 Lauren Ashley is also speaking out in support of traditional nuptials.

"The Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman. In Leviticus it says, 'If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.' The Bible is pretty black and white," Ashley told Pop Tarts.

"I feel like God himself created mankind and he loves everyone, and he has the best for everyone. If he says that having sex with someone of your same gender is going to bring death upon you, that's a pretty stern warning, and he knows more than we do about life."

Ashley, 23, will be representing Beverly Hills in the Miss California pageant in November. Her statements mirror former Miss California Carrie Prejean's answer to a question about same-sex marriage in last year's Miss USA pageant. At the time, Prejean said her answer opposing same sex marriage cost her the title.

But with the Miss California Pageant still months away, and Ashley already echoing the views that got Prejean in trouble last year, is she concerned that she may ruin her chances of taking home the tiara?

"That isn't really the issue. I have a lot of friends that are gay, and ... I have a lot of friends who have different views, and we share our views together," she said. "There's no hate between me and anyone."

And according to the Miss California's state director, Keith Lewis, a contestant's personal opinion should have no bearing on the result.

"The Miss California USA system has always had a place for an individual's thoughts and opinions when it comes to all sides of political issues," Lewis told Pop Tarts. "It is an organization which empowers women, and everyone is entitled to their own beliefs."

And while Ashley has yet to meet Carrie Prejean, she is certainly a big fan.

"She is definitely a beautiful person and I love that she stood up for what she believes in. I think that's gorgeous," Ashley said. "Perez Hilton definitely overreacted a little bit. He took it personally, and I'm sure that she loves him just as much as she loves everyone else."

Ashley owns her own personal training company in Beverly Hills. And even though she parties with Paris Hilton, she tries to steer clear of doing anything too naughty. She said she plans to remain a virgin until her wedding night.

"I don't drink alcohol and I don't smoke weed or cigarettes. My definition of partying is a little different," she said. "I feel like my body is the Temple of God and it's my temple so it's really good to treat it well. I also feel like sex was made for marriage. You really show your future husband or wife respect and you build a lot of trust before you get married. You don't have sex with other people, so that should definitely build trust, because you waited."

Pop Tarts has also exclusively learned that Lewis, who was pitted against Prejean in last year's gay marriage brouhaha, is writing a tell-all book under the working title "The Man Behind the Tiara."

"It is a gay man's journey through overcoming his own homophobia," Lewis said. "I was from a Southern Baptist upbringing, I was from Carrie's camp. This whole thing made me realize that I had a deep-seated guilt about who I was. Strangely enough, Carrie Prejean made me comfortable with being gay."
    binky04
    binky04
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 3

News Re: Miss Beverly Hills Lauren Ashley Opposes Same Sex Marriage

Post by binky04 Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 pm

hey everbody can read the bible and believe what they want if you are happy with what you feel then fine but as my uncle stated for years everbody knew smoking would cause cancer yet we still smoke my daddy and all 3 of his brothers heavey smokers dead before any of them were 65
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:07 pm

I bet she can spin her around 360 degrees. She looks possessed.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:42 pm

WHATEVER! Not to sound mean or anything but she should worry less about gays getting married and more about that obvious fat gene she has. In 10 years gays will be able to get married, but will she be still be a pagaent hopeful? I don't think so! Did I Say That?
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:01 pm

What some people will do to get attention! Of course leave it FAUX News for not "Fact Checking" her story let alone her claim to be Miss BH. Who ever she is one would think that NO PAGEANT would allow her to participate regardless who she is or what city/state she may represent.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Robbie wrote:WHATEVER! Not to sound mean or anything but she should worry less about gays getting married and more about that obvious fat gene she has. In 10 years gays will be able to get married, but will she be still be a pagaent hopeful? I don't think so! Did I Say That?

Um ok.
    SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by SkwirtB Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:17 am

And say goodbye to shellfish. Put that shrimp down, baby. Oh, and never get a tattoo... And never do six or seven hundred other things that no longer pertain to modern society. What is up with beauty queens? I thought they were all about saving the world. Why do they hate gays all of a sudden? Who else is going to fix their hair?!?

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:45 am