If you had twins, would you give them similar names? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you had twins, would you give them similar names?

Go down 
+10
RedBedroom
Marc™
Rule Breaker
AtownPeep
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
RiteDiva
Dan70
Chris
SkwirtB
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SkwirtB
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
SkwirtB

Male
Rep : 6

If you had twins, would you give them similar names? Empty
PostSubject: If you had twins, would you   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:14 pm

Dress them alike, rhyme their names and buy them all the same toys? Asking this because today at work this lady comes in with a pair of twin boys who were about five or six and they were wearing exactly the same outfit. I'm thinking damn, that's kinda "tacky".

If I had identical twins, I would still try and encourage them to be as much their own individual persona as possible!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:44 pm

If I ever become the father of twins, no I wouldn't be for giving them rhyming names; I agree that that can be tacky. Identical twins, for all intents and purposes, though are essentially the same person in many ways, so I have to wonder how effective deliberately trying to give them their own "separate" style and individuality would be. I would imagine that they wind up gravitating toward the same things, at least as far as clothes and leisure items go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Dan70
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
Dan70

Male
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:26 pm

They can be named Frick and Frack for all I care. If I ever had twins, I would be too in awe over how my powerful sperm was enough to crack the egg in two. hehe
Back to top Go down
RiteDiva
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
RiteDiva

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:10 am

Chris wrote:
If I ever become the father of twins, no I wouldn't be for giving them rhyming names; I agree that that can be tacky. Identical twins, for all intents and purposes, though are essentially the same person in many ways, so I have to wonder how effective deliberately trying to give them their own "separate" style and individuality would be. I would imagine that they wind up gravitating toward the same things, at least as far as clothes and leisure items go.

I think some of that has to do with conditioning though. My 2nd cousin has 18 month old twin girls (Sharnae and Shardae) and dresses them alike all the time. At that age, they don't know. The family is conditioning them to be damn near one and the same. I can see buying the same sets of toys just to prevent fighting over them, but they don't need to be dressing alike. That's just mothers thinking it's cute to have these mirror images being mirror images and it's something I wouldn't do.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 6:11 am

People are reading too much into it. To me, it's okay to dress twins alike, match or rhyme their names, etc especially when they are younger because at the end of the day, they're still two separate people and as they get older will start to develop their own identity. Twins kinda run in my family, my mother has twin sisters, one of the twin sisters has twin daughters, and I have twin cousins named after me. And as adults, the twins in my family can't be any more different from each other. If I had twins, I'd definitely dress them alike but I'd just have them in different colors. When they say they don't want to do it anymore, then I'd stop.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:51 am

Dan wrote:
They can be named Frick and Frack for all I care. If I ever had twins, I would be too in awe over how my powerful sperm was enough to crack the egg in two. hehe

LOL touche my man!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:53 am

That is just plain tacky rhyming names and dressing alike, I would not do that at all. I would have them tatooed so I would know who is who. Smile
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:23 pm

The name thing is questionable, but I probably would dress them alike if they were the same size. Just more convenient to grab two sets of the same thing than trying to mix it up. As mentioned already, identical twins are likely to have the exact same tastes anyway, so why bother trying to force a style difference.
Back to top Go down
Rule Breaker
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Rule Breaker

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:14 am

I dunno I think the novelty of twins just makes people wanna be as cute with them as possible. I think its more a "mom" thing to rhyme the names and to dress them identically. Most fathers probably don't care either way about that sort of thing. I probably would just go with the flow. I wouldnt be hellbent on making them look like mirror images of each other but if their mother was into it, I would let her have her fun.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 1:31 pm

I have twins, but they are a boy and girl. So no matching outfits. The only twin cliche they have is both their names starting with the same letter.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:34 pm

I don't think I would dress them alike, if they were the same sex. I would have one wardrobe for both and they would share. Then, when they got older, I would let them choose their own clothes and that would be that.

Funny story about this. I know somoene who, during her residency at a hospital, met a woman with twins. Orangelo and Jelangelo....she craved Jello during her pregnancy. That is just nutty.
Back to top Go down
Wadsworth
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Wadsworth

Male
Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:20 am

I wouldn't be with the dressing them alike except for maybe on special occasions. They already gonna be enough alike by nature I don't think its that necessary to force it even more. If I had twins I would try and get them to know that they ain't some 2 headed monster and could actually be their own person anyway.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:45 am

Then I guess I would just be a stereotype, because if I ever had twins I would definitely do all of those "tacky" things. I already have their names picked out. If they were boys (which I would prefer with twins) they'd be named Aaron and Jaron, if they were girls they'd be Malina and Tina.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptySun May 23, 2010 4:50 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:
Then I guess I would just be a stereotype, because if I ever had twins I would definitely do all of those "tacky" things. I already have their names picked out. If they were boys (which I would prefer with twins) they'd be named Aaron and Jaron, if they were girls they'd be Malina and Tina.

Girl you sound like you might be one of us...
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:19 am

I HATE when parents do that, don't you? It's bad enough when they dress the two alike, but to give them similar names...what point in giving them each the same identity as much as possible? Like Shae and Shane, or Dennis and Denise, or Jamie and Janey, you know? What's the point in that? They are two completely different people, they deserve two completely different names.

We were watching Freaks the other night and anybody who's seen it remembers the Siamese twins, Violet and Daisy Hilton, and my mother said 'you'd think their parents would give them rhyming names', and I'm thinking, why? They're already stuck sharing two bodies stuck essentially as one person, why should their identites be made similar as well? They're both named after flowers, that's not enough?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:35 am

* merged * Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:55 am

I can't see myself with twins but if I did I would probably be delirious enough to go along with actually rhyming names and dress them alike.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:25 am

No I would not give them rhyming names nor would I dress them alike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you had twins, would you give them similar names?   If you had twins, would you give them similar names? Empty

Back to top Go down

If you had twins, would you give them similar names?
Page 1 of 1