CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
RedBedroom
Supernova
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
kinetic
9 posters

What's Your Opinion of Jesus Christ?

kinetic
    kinetic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 19

What's Your Opinion of Jesus Christ? Empty What's Your Opinion of Jesus Christ?

Post by kinetic Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:38 pm

In general what how do you perceive Jesus Christ, what's your opinion of him?

Do you believe he existed?
    Is he really the son of God?
    Do you accept him as your Lord & Savior?
    Was he killed by the Jews?
    Was he white or black?
    Was he really an immaculate conception?
    Do you really think he walked on water?
    Is your image of him that of the only perfect human to ever exist?
    Did you see THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST?
    Do you celebrate his bday on Dec 25?

You don't have to answer all these questions (or any of them). Those are just general things people tend to bring up when talking about JC.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

What's Your Opinion of Jesus Christ? Empty Re: What's Your Opinion of Jesus Christ?

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Semi-Yes
    He was Aramaic! Razz
    Yes
    Yes
    Huh?
    No
    Yes

Now I gotta prepare MY questions. FORGIVENESS MAN

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

What's Your Opinion of Jesus Christ? Empty Re: What's Your Opinion of Jesus Christ?

Post by Tony Marino Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:27 pm

kinetic wrote:In general what how do you perceive Jesus Christ, what's your opinion of him?

Do you believe he existed? Yes
    Is he really the son of God? Yes
    Do you accept him as your Lord & Savior? Yes
    Was he killed by the Jews? Yes
    Was he white or black? White
    Was he really an immaculate conception? Yes
    Do you really think he walked on water? Yes
    Did you see THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST? Yes it made me sick to think he had to suffer that kind of barbaric treatment.
    Do you celebrate his bday on Dec 25? Yes

You don't have to answer all these questions (or any of them). Those are just general things people tend to bring up when talking about JC.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:33 am

In general, my opinion is that He exists, He is the Son of God, He came to earth to live as a human, to be sacrificed for the multi-billion population of primarily ungrateful sumbitches who refuse to even acknowledge His existence, let alone what He did for them when they didn't deserve it, when none of us deserved it. You know, you hear somebody gave their life for yours basically, no, took it a step further, gave their life to save your soul provided you do one little thing, and you don't do it, or show any gratitude for what was done for you, what does that say about you as a person? But that's just my opinion.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:01 am

I am so fortunate to have had enough proof that He does exist. Though that proof came in the form of very rough stuff, but He is real.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:06 am

RedBedroom wrote: Though that proof came in the form of very rough stuff.

It sounds mean but the truth is if it was easy, it wouldn't be called faith.

That reminds me of something from a Tyler Perry play, Madea talking about people think they can buy love with things, like a guy could buy back his wife's love after hitting her by getting her jewelry or something, but if you could buy love, Jesus wouldn't have had to go to Calvery.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:00 pm

kinetic wrote:In general what how do you perceive Jesus Christ, what's your opinion of him?

Do you believe he existed?

Of course. He was a man just like any man you would see on the street today.

Is he really the son of God?

I'll say yeah. However, knowing that the Bible has been so diluted and it's basically only filled with stories that a man has written, who really knows.

Was he killed by the Jews?

He was a Jew.

Was he white or black?

We're all 'black'. Black man is the original man.

Was he really an immaculate conception?

Nope. 'Jesus' was a flesh and blood man, just like a man today who has testicles.

Do you really think he walked on water?

LOL, anybody can walk on water. It's called ice.

If Jesus had any flaws, you damn sure didn't hear about it.

Did you see THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST?

Yes.

Do you celebrate his bday on Dec 25?

In the traditional sense, yes.

captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Do you believe he existed? Yes, although his true name was actually something closer to Yeshua in Aramaic, not the anglicied "Jesus".

Is he really the son of God? Yes, in the sense that he has no direct biological human father. And while Jesus may have been God's only "begotton son", we are all sons and daughters of God (along with the angels who were called sons of God).

Do you accept him as your Lord & Savior? Yes, mostly on faith. If Jesus wasn't sent by God, then he was a crazy man who allowed himself to die a horrible painful death for no reason other than to tell people to be good to each other. I think that at the very least HE believed that he was the Son of God (because no sane person would choose to do what he did otherwise). As to whether or not he actually was the messiah, much of that comes down to how much faith you have in God. And since I do, and I agree with Jesus' message in the Gospels and in how he instructed us to live, I choose to accept that Jesus is my savior without any actual proof.

Was he killed by the Jews? No. He was killed by the Romans to prevent an upset of good order from the Jews. "Some" Jews wanted him dead, while others accepted him. Only the corrupt Rabbis (Jews in power) conspired to have him killed because he represented a threat to their power. But since they would be breaking one of the ten commandments by killing him, they had to make him a "criminal" by calling him a blasphemer so that they state could execute him. The Romans under Pontius Pilate were the ones who actually killed him.

Was he white or black? Neither. He was a middle eastern Jew who probably resembled a cross between a typical Arab and the common Isreali. The concept of race as we know it today (Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid) didn't exist in biblical times. Race is a social construct that was invented by European explorers between the 14th and 16th century to classify people with different features whom they encountered. In bible times, there were no "white" people or "black" people, there were only Jews (Isrealites) and Gentiles (everyone else).

Was he really an immaculate conception? Yes. Again that depends on if you accept that he is the Son of God.

Do you really think he walked on water? I'm not sure. He may have walked on water, or that may simply have been a way of describing how awed his followers were by him. I don't think everything in the bible was meant to be taken "literally" by today's standards and in English.

Is your image of him that of the only perfect human to ever exist?No. I believe he was one of three perfect humans ever to exist. Adam and Eve were also perfect for a while (up until the time that they sinned and became imperfect). After they died, Jesus had become the only "perfect" human.

Did you see THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST? Yes. It was okay. Definetely an interesting (if not disturbing) intepretation of the last hours of Christ. And while much of it portrays the "truth" (as told by the bible), Mel Gibson definetely took some liberties in his intepretation the Gospels and slanted it towards his perspective. An overrated movie for sure, but definetely worth seeing once.

Do you celebrate his bday on Dec 25? No. I don't celebrate Christmas, birthdays or most holidays. While I am not a Jehovah's Witness persay, I do agree with many of their teachings and intepretation of scripture. Jesus was likely not born in the month of December (according to biblical descriptions of his birth), nor was his birthday ever celebrated by his desciples (before or after his death). The only people who ever celebrated birthdays during the time of Christ were pagans. December was the pagan holiday of Yule that was incoporated into Christianity by the Romans centuries later after they had accepted that religion and they tried to convert everyone else to Christianity.

You did forget one of the most polarizing questions about Jesus. Was he God in the flesh (ie: do you believe in the Holy Trinity). My answer to that would be no, FYI!
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:46 pm

In general what how do you perceive Jesus Christ, what's your opinion of him?

My perception of Jesus was that he was way ahead of his time. He was a rebel and an outcast that took in people (like the poor and prostitutes) and loved them and made them feel important because he realized they were people too. He was a definite rebel and he was a strong soul too.

Do you believe he existed? Yes

Is he really the son of God? I think he is.

Do you accept him as your Lord & Savior? No.

Was he killed by the Jews? I honestly don't know, I don't have an opinion on this. But one thing is for sure - even if the Jews did kill him, that's no excuse for anti-semitism.

Was he white or black? He was from the Middle-East, so I think his skin was a lot darker than what people assume.

Was he really an immaculate conception? I think he was.

Do you really think he walked on water? Not sure.

Is your image of him that of the only perfect human to ever exist? No.

Did you see THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST? Yes.

Do you celebrate his bday on Dec 25? No, I celebrate the presents!

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:33 pm

What's Your Opinion of Jesus Christ? Jesus%20Rocks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:14 am