CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

How old do you feel?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How old do you feel? Empty How old do you feel?

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:40 pm

I'm sure some people here watch Roseanne and remember the episode where she asks Jackie that question, and Jackie says 'thirty-...twelve on a good day, eight.' And Roseanne says 'I feel like a 16 year old with two teen daughters and a mortgage, I wish I was old enough to drink.'

And I think about that too. My mother is 60 years old but she has never felt any older than 16. I'm going to be 21 and I don't think I have ever felt much older than 12 or 13.

How about everybody else?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

How old do you feel? Empty Re: How old do you feel?

Post by Shale Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:12 am

I feel and think pretty much like I always have. I go to movies designed for teen boys and enjoy the shit out of them. I have fun riding my bike and just doing stuff by myself like I have all my life even when I was a kid.

Yeah, I am ageing - don't know how long I can keep having kid fun, but not going to dwell on it. I do get ageist comments sometimes from ppl who think I should stay in my place, which is not having some 20 or 30 something sex partner, or not wearing a Bikinin style bathing suit or showing a picture of same. So, I feel much younger than the opinion some ageist ppl have of me I guess.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:19 am

I feel my age. But because I was viewed as the family baby (parents had me late in life, and dad was the baby of nine, so I have second cousins old enough to be my parent)I sometimes give myself more credit for my accomplishments at my age than I should...if that makes sense. I am just always treated like a baby. For instance this summer, I was at Dad's, talking to his friends about a vacation destination. I had just been their the year prior, and they had not been in years. They were really surprised about some of the changes there I was detailing. Dad piped in saying that I could be mistaken by what I saw and was probably confused. He will never see me as an adult who has "big girl" life experiences. So, I think that is what causes me to have a messed up view of my own accomplishments.

I have a really good life, solid career and family situation. And I think I have it going on at 34. But then I am brought down to Earth when I think about people who went to grad school and are doctors, lawyers, executives with high powered jobs, at my age, and I think, "shit, this is all I have done so far?"

But, in general, I think that in my 20's I learned a lot, made mistakes and became who I am today. I think that with each decade, I will appreciate what it took to get me there, though I will always wish I was younger.

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:37 am

RedBedroom wrote:...But then I am brought down to Earth when I think about people who went to grad school and are doctors, lawyers, executives with high powered jobs, at my age, and I think, "shit, this is all I have done so far?"

But, in general, I think that in my 20's I learned a lot, made mistakes and became who I am today. I think that with each decade, I will appreciate what it took to get me there, though I will always wish I was younger.
    My formal education is as a high school graduate, but my life education has taken me around the world, made love to a lot of ppl, settled with one for a while, and still living in my sixth decade.

It is all about the experience, not the "high-powered" stuff. What you have done so far is live and learn and hopefully enjoy.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:36 am

I feel 22. I don't know why it's 22, but that's how old I feel.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:45 am

I feel like I am 18 years old right now!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:48 am

Shale wrote:I feel and think pretty much like I always have. I go to movies designed for teen boys and enjoy the shit out of them. I have fun riding my bike and just doing stuff by myself like I have all my life even when I was a kid.

Yeah, I am ageing - don't know how long I can keep having kid fun, but not going to dwell on it. I do get ageist comments sometimes from ppl who think I should stay in my place, which is not having some 20 or 30 something sex partner, or not wearing a Bikinin style bathing suit or showing a picture of same. So, I feel much younger than the opinion some ageist ppl have of me I guess.

Well tell them people your are not dead yet!!! I think its great that you do the things you do and enjoy the hell out of life!! Good for you man!!! How old do you feel? 566222

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:00 pm