CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Do you feel like you "fit in" ?

TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Do you feel like you "fit in" ? Empty Do you feel like you "fit in" ?

Post by TPP Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Are you able to align most of your ideas with those of a certain group? Can you call yourself liberal, conservative, moderate, if not republican, libertarian or democrat?

I'm a picker and a chooser, so I don't feel like I can.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Do you feel like you "fit in" ? Empty Re: Do you feel like you "fit in" ?

Post by CatEyes10736 Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:16 pm

I guess I can call myself a moderate liberal, as there are certain things I'm liberal about and certain things I'm not so liberal about. The more I look into it, the more I dislike being put into a label or a box, because the extremists inside always stand out the most and pigeonhole everyone.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:19 pm

I don't really feel I fit in with any particular group of people.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:22 pm

I join certain causes and organizations but not whole-heartedly. I have never blindly followed any groups party line.

The Dems keep sending me requests for contributions but I am not even a registered Dem. I just sent some grassroots money to help Obama and now the Dems think I'm one of them. I hate politics and am nearly as critical of Bill Clinton as I am of Reagan. Decades later we are just now half way thru cleaning up his mess with DADT and still working on DOMA. Much of the time the Dems try to clone themselves as Reptilians.

Then there is tha ACLU, of which I have been a 'Card Carrying Member' since before the more intelligent Bush tried to disparage us with that sound bite. And, I often disagree with some of the cases they defend (and I tell them about it).

I love animals enuf not to eat them or wear their skin, but I have been actively countering PETA in the press for decades and even take issue with some of the stances of the ASPCA.

Generally I am considered liberal and have worked with like-minded groups. But, not totally and I will let them know if they have become too bleeding heart or what I consider unrealistic in their stance.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:31 pm

I don't usually join any group that would have me as a member. Present company excepted. It depends on the issue at hand as to which brush, liberal or conservative, someone else is going to paint me with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:33 pm