CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Have you ever had a friend diagnosed with cancer?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Have you ever had a friend diagnosed with cancer? Empty Have you ever had a friend diagnosed with cancer?

Post by RedBedroom Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Unfortunately, most of us have probably had an older relative diagnosed. We lost mom to cancer. But have you ever had a friend diagnosed?

It was just last week that one of my friends was diagnosed. It is stage 4 esophageal cancer. Not a great outlook and it is such a helpless feeling to know that he is going through this.

I did work for a woman a few years ago that had breast cancer, but that was different since she wasn't a personal friend. I have to say, that it sucks to see this guy going through this as he is just a really, really good guy. Wonderful, loving family and lives straight as an arrow. It sucks.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you ever had a friend diagnosed with cancer? Empty Re: Have you ever had a friend diagnosed with cancer?

Post by Chris Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:01 am

Fortunately, no. But I have a friend who had another friend who was. There was a community push to find him a bone marrow donor, but unfortunately one was never found and he passed away.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Have you ever had a friend diagnosed with cancer? Empty Re: Have you ever had a friend diagnosed with cancer?

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:00 am

Well, my best friend from childhood mother passed away from colon cancer. She was only 46. My other friend (who was really my best friend's frat brother) passed away from the same cancer. He was 34. I went to elementary school with a girl who had leukemia. She wasn't my best friend, but we were cool. She passed away at 14. And my grandmother died from breast cancer at 60. Yeah, I've seen what cancer does to people.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:59 am

I lost a friend to cancer when we were just 14. I think it was Leukemia, but I'm not sure. We played on opposing basketball teams in grade 8 but spent a lot of weekends together, as my Dad coached her big sister's team and the following year I helped out as manager on that team, when I was no longer playing. She was fighting cancer by then.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:54 am

just a few months ago, a fren had been having real bad migraines, until one day he collapsed, his wife took him into hospital, he had a brain tumor. they had surgery to remove it, which they did.. but then only to find out that was just a secondary, and they found the primary on his lungs.

he been going thru chemo, i havent seen him in couple weeks, last i saw he had just begin to lose patches of his hair. an i heard this past weekend he was back in hospital.. an wasnt doin too good.

hoping he can come thru this..him and his wife were married in 08 and had a their first child together that same year. he's one i pray for

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:32 am