Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids

Go down 
+5
MandyPerfumeGirl
GrayWolf
Marc™
RedBedroom
RobbieFTW
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids Empty
PostSubject: Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids   Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:17 pm

My aunt has her son in private school and one day I heard my mom talking on the phone about how the teacher didn't wanna promote my cousin to the next grade level but did it when she threatened to pull him (and her money) out of that school. One of the faulty aspects of a private (money talks) education. That would have never happened in public school.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids   Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:30 pm

This is an interesting debate. I think that it is unfortunate for the student that would get promoted because his parents said they would pull him (therefore, tuition too) if not promoted.

I would rather see teachers in tune with my son to know he should be held back and not feel that they want to keep the school in money and promote him when he should not be.

My public school early elementary experience was that I was in Chicago, had parents who did not help with with studies, and teachers that did not care. So, I did the very least to get by and did not understand a lot and was certainly not a good student. Yet, I passed every year. Once I got to a small rural school in 6th, I was afforded better instuction, and became a great student for the remainder of my years.

So, not trying to diss your aunt, but I would rather my kid in a school setting where things are noticed, rather than just floating through in a public school.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids   Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:01 pm

Parents only shortchange their kids by doing that. If the child hasn't proven themselves capable of completing a their current grade level, throwing him into the next is just gonna sink him lower and lower into quicksand.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids   Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:45 am

Something similar happened to me when I was in grade 4. I hinged on being held back and my mom and dad met with the principal to barter and threaten. Finally they agreed to let me go into the 5th grade if I went to summer school.

No parent wants to accept their child being held back I guess. I passed summer school and got to go into the correct grade the next fall.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids   Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:19 am

That's not a fair representation of all private schools. It's not a common thing. And that might happen in a public school, you never know - a lot of public schools are toilets.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids   Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:42 am

In a perfect world, that should be enough to get the kid expelled from school; but money makes the world go round, so I can believe that this sort of thing happens a lot in the private school system.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids   Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:57 am

That's only setting the child up to fail eventually. By the time they get to college, bribery and blackmail won't work.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids   Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:50 am

Yeah, any parents who actually would do a thing like that, they've got a HELL of a lot more money than brains.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids   Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:02 pm

They're only hurting their own kids by doing that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids   Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids Empty

Back to top Go down

Parents Buying Passing Grades For Thier Private School Kids
Page 1 of 1