Ever go to a Job Fair? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ever go to a Job Fair?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

Ever go to a Job Fair? Empty
PostSubject: Ever go to a Job Fair?   Ever go to a Job Fair? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:53 pm

I went to one once, stood in a long line that stretched all the way outside with a bunch of other desperate jobless losers for about 2 hrs., hearing a bunch of depressing stories about unemployment with the stench of sad hope in the air of getting lucky at this long shot. Then got in the room finally and did nothing but stand in more lines to make small talk with job recruiters and fill out a bunch of random apps. The only place that called me back was the Army and I didn't even wanna talk to them, they stopped and browbeat me into giving them my info. Said I'd never go to another one.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Ever go to a Job Fair?   Ever go to a Job Fair? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:06 pm

I have been, but not in years, so not in this economy. When I first moved here in 1994, jobs were everywhere and job fairs were very beneficial. Now, I could see more being like the one you described.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Ever go to a Job Fair?   Ever go to a Job Fair? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:53 pm

I did once....it was a long, tedious process that didn't amount to anything. The recruiters kept on saying to go to their site and apply online. I'm like, "I came all the way out here for you to tell me that?"
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Ever go to a Job Fair?   Ever go to a Job Fair? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:12 pm

I've been to one. It was in the spring of 2009. It actually wasn't too bad, it eventually lead me to become employed. But Marc, I totally get what you're saying about the online application thing - I heard that a few times at the fair and it was irritating!
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Ever go to a Job Fair?   Ever go to a Job Fair? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:35 am

I went to one in 2007 that was held at a Holiday Inn hotel. I had an invite, so I didn't have to wait in the line. It was okay, but being overloaded with apps, and having to repeatedly write out my same employement history info over and over got annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever go to a Job Fair?   Ever go to a Job Fair? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ever go to a Job Fair?
Page 1 of 1