Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)

Go down 
+7
MandyPerfumeGirl
Tony Marino
stonestatic
Chris
RedBedroom
Shale
Kral
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) Empty
PostSubject: Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)   Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:52 pm

This question also works if you're atheist. If you met someone whom you fell deeply in love and decide to spend the rest of your life with, but they followed a different religious philosophy than you and were VERY into it, would you be willing to convert to their faith to appease them?

AKA
You're a christian and they're jewish. Would you convert to Judaism?
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)   Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:59 pm

NO!
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)   Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:10 am

No. I have my own spirituality, and live with someone who is quite a bit removed from how I feel. I will NEVER EVER become involved with someone not on track with the way I believe.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)   Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:26 am

I seriously doubt it. The most I'd do is create a living arrangement that accommodates her being able to observe her religion, but I wouldn't personally convert.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
stonestatic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
stonestatic

Male
Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)   Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:10 am

I think converting just to fall in line with your partner is much much too extreme. I would like Chris said, just respect their religion and theological traditions, but not take them on personally.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)   Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:13 am

Absolutely not, I was born a Christian and will be for the rest of my life.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)   Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 11:56 am

I doubt I would ever convert to a religion that I didn't believe in for someone else - that would be false. I would respect their religion and the possible differences in our beliefs, but I wouldn't convert. I would respect his beliefs and he would have to do the same for me.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)   Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:06 am

I'm not religious at all, so if I were to marry someone who were I couldn't be converted because I don't follow anything. But I wouldn't just start buying into their faith either. I would just respect their religion and expect that they respect that I'm not a follower of it in turn.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)   Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:54 pm

No, I wouldn't. And that's a question people need to be clear on before they get married and not something "we'll work out later."
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)   Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 8:48 pm

Not a chance in hell.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)   Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 2:46 am

I wouldn't and just the idea is borderline offensive to me. I shouldn't have to be co-opted into someone else's faith just to appease or be "closer" to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)   Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Would You Ever Convert to the Religion of Your Spouse (Partner?)
Page 1 of 1