Limits on Marriage # Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Limits on Marriage #

Go down 
+7
RobbieFTW
MandyPerfumeGirl
Jason B.
RedBedroom
Supernova
Tony Marino
Marc™
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Limits on Marriage # Empty
PostSubject: Limits on Marriage #   Limits on Marriage # EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:18 pm

In your opinion, do you think there should be a limit of times someone can get married? I sorta do. I think after three times, the law needs to consider just allowing people to engage in civil unions after that. I can't get with someone who's been married something like eight times. IMO, they don't take the institution seriously.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Limits on Marriage #   Limits on Marriage # EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:20 pm

I don't think there should be any limit, if someone wants to get married 5 times who cares just don't invite me to any of your weddings after the second one.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Limits on Marriage #   Limits on Marriage # EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Marc™ wrote:
In your opinion, do you think there should be a limit of times someone can get married? I sorta do. I think after three times, the law needs to consider just allowing people to engage in civil unions after that. I can't get with someone who's been married something like eight times. IMO, they don't take the institution seriously.

So you'd get with someone who's been in 8 civil unions but not 8 marriages?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Limits on Marriage #   Limits on Marriage # EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Divorce doesn't cost tax payers money, so let them keep going for it. Like Tony said, though, gifts from me stop after #2.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Limits on Marriage #   Limits on Marriage # EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 pm

No I think marriage is a civil right and so long as they don't have multiple marriages going on at once, then let the marry and remarry as often as they want.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Limits on Marriage #   Limits on Marriage # EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:44 pm

I 100% believe that the law should not control how many times a person is to marry. Allowing the law to butt in and say after so many marriages "well, we're not going to allow you to marry, but we'll allow you civil unions", I think that is crazy. If a person feels like getting married ten times, let them, it's their business.

On a personal level, I don't think people should be married more than four or five times. If you haven't found "the one" after all that, you're probably never going to. For myself, though I've never been married, I don't see myself getting married more than once or twice.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Limits on Marriage #   Limits on Marriage # EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Don't think there should be a limit on marriage but it's not lost on me how a flaky heterosexual can get married 10 times but in most US states, a gay couple that's been together 20 years can't.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Limits on Marriage #   Limits on Marriage # EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Marc™ wrote:

No, but I think somebody trying to get married for the 5th or 6th time should have to pay more for the marriage license.
Back to top Go down
Ghost1P
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Ghost1P

Male
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Limits on Marriage #   Limits on Marriage # EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Marc™ wrote:

I don't support any law that limits a person' right to choose. If a person wants get married and it has no affect on me...I don't care...
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Limits on Marriage #   Limits on Marriage # EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Eh, not really. Getting married a bunch of times usually means that if you're not widowed......you're just a hopeless romantic or make bad choices in spouses and you'll marry anybody you fall for. Especially with more and more people not willing to make that full commitment. Prob. dumb, but hey....it doesn't hurt anybody.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Limits on Marriage #   Limits on Marriage # EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:41 pm

No way. It's none of the government's business. If you're getting married, divorced, married, divorced, ad-nauseum, I think you've got some other problems but it's nothing the government should get involved with. Now, if some church said "No way, Jose!" that's another matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limits on Marriage #   Limits on Marriage # Empty

Back to top Go down

Limits on Marriage #
Page 1 of 1