Do you believe in marriage? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you believe in marriage?

Go down 
+9
Alan Smithee
Bluesmama
Suzi
Supernova
Shale
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Forgiveness Man
Chris
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do you believe in marriage? Empty
PostSubject: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:26 am

If you're currently single/unmarried, do you anticipate ever getting married someday (or want to?) If you're currently married, if your marriage were to end, how likely do you think you'd be to remarry someday?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:34 am

Yes, I believe in marriage.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:06 am

Naw, I don't anticipate ever getting married, nor do I want to.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:10 am

I wouldnt mind being married. I'm not pressed about it, but I don't discourage it either.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:11 am

I was married. I also lived with partners without being married.

It is a legal contract between two ppl with certain benefits that certain other partners must go thru other legal procedures to partially duplicate.

I once said, out of solidarity with gay ppl that I would not remarry even if I could until all ppl are given the right to marry. That discrimination is a great injustice and ultimately hypocritical of the moralists who oppose same-gender marriage.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:52 pm

I believe in it, I'm just not practicing. big grin
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:44 pm

I guess I really truly believe in it, after almost 55 years with the same man. At this point I think I can safely say if I was single today I would not marry again. I have to say though I have a cousin who is 5 years older than I, who to hear her talk hated her first husband so much that she lived with him till he died, She recently got married again and everyone is wondering why. They say her new hubby has no money and she had husbands retirement, that probably went bye bye when she remarried. Then they also tell me her new husband is religious and didn't want to live together without benefit of clergy. Wonder how their sex life is at nearly 80?
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 pm

I have been with the same guy for 29 years (married for 16 years). I'd say happily married for the most part; however, I don't believe I would marry again. I do know that if I did marry again, it wouldn't happen soon after this one.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:48 pm

If i was ever single again I wouldn't rule out marriage again if the right woman came along but I wouldn't do it just because I was lonely.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
If i was ever single again I wouldn't rule out marriage again if the right woman came along but I wouldn't do it just because I was lonely.
I've often said I would be lonely if I am the one widowed, so I would hire a housekeeper/companion. But now we live in a different town and there is a bus, so I think I probably would not be too lonely. I could get around town by bus and that would help.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:31 pm

I have been divorced for over 11 years now, and have had the opportunity to remarry but haven't. I enjoyed parts of marriage, and disliked others. If I found the "right" guy I guess I would... but it would have to be really special. I do not understand people that have been married like three or four times! My boss's marriage last 10 months! To me that is just crazy! Know what you are getting into, and stay in it once you do.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Y'know, you could be married and still be the loneliest person in the world. Can't speak for myself too much. I suffered a bit of that with my first husband but not nearly as bad as some other women I've known in bad marriages.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:12 am

Bluesmama wrote:
Y'know, you could be married and still be the loneliest person in the world. Can't speak for myself too much. I suffered a bit of that with my first husband but not nearly as bad as some other women I've known in bad marriages.

and sometimes I WANT to be alone. i think that is why several of my bfs have been military guys... they come home and everything is great, then they go away and i have my space--- but i have only ever lived with my ex hubby--- I always gave myself my own space to retreat to.... guess i need to find the guy i WANT to invade my space! LOL
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:18 am

I respect marriage for others. Not sure it would ever work for me. I have never been with anyone compelling me to marry him. I am with my son's dad, but we are not fit to marry.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:23 am

RedBedroom wrote:
I respect marriage for others. Not sure it would ever work for me. I have never been with anyone compelling me to marry him. I am with my son's dad, but we are not fit to marry.

don't feel bad about that one--- my sis moved in with her man when she was 17. On her 30th birthday, they got married. 7 years later they were killing each other and the marriage counselor told her "get divorced, then move back in together. you belong together... you just can't be married". They divorced, and lived together for another 10yrs until she died last year. Then guess what?? because they were not married, he refused to pay ANYTHING for her funeral--- and i suspect that he had life insurance on her too... so my mom got stuck with the bill, and all of her debts. What an a$$. He has been having plumbing problems in his house since she passed, and I told him that it is her, and that she is going to haunt him til the day he dies!!! He believed it too
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:27 am

WOW...got together so young, married so late and it didn't work? More affirmation for me, seriously. I have been "considering" marriage. But I know it is for all the wrong reasons.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:49 am

I'm open to the idea, but not pressed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:30 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
WOW...got together so young, married so late and it didn't work? More affirmation for me, seriously. I have been "considering" marriage. But I know it is for all the wrong reasons.

I think that people who do it for the kids are wrong. I DO believe that kids should have both parents together on a daily basis... but i think too many people get married because they get pregnant or have a kid, and then there is something missing in the relationship. kids are not stupid.. if the parents are really into each other, the kids see that.. and if the parents really hate each other and make each other miserable the kids see that too. i have another sis who has been with her hubby for 35 yrs, since she was 15, and they have a great and loving marriage--- it sickens me, cause it shows me that such marriages are possible... I'm the one that can't make it work!!! frustrated
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Meh. I'd rather live in sin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in marriage?   Do you believe in marriage? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in marriage?
Page 1 of 1