Do you have a good relationship with your father? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have a good relationship with your father?

Go down 
+9
Shale
Chris
Nystyle709
Marc™
Tony Marino
RedBedroom
Impact
Alan Smithee
Ghost1P
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost1P
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Ghost1P

Male
Rep : 6

Do you have a good relationship with your father? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have a good relationship with your father?   Do you have a good relationship with your father? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:48 pm

I've been lurking for awhile but this is a question I have wanted to ask.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good relationship with your father?   Do you have a good relationship with your father? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:02 pm

The older I got, the better our relationship got. We're pretty close now but for distance. As a kid though? Not so much.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good relationship with your father?   Do you have a good relationship with your father? EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:17 am

My relationship with my dad is virtually non existent.
Back to top Go down
Ghost1P
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Ghost1P

Male
Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good relationship with your father?   Do you have a good relationship with your father? EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:32 am

I ask this question because for the most part I simply can not relate. My father passed away in 2004 but before he did he was must best friend. We were less father and son and more Junior and Senior. As a kid he was DAD....(in every sense of the word) my pop was my example and my standard setter. It usually puts me a at odds with my peers.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good relationship with your father?   Do you have a good relationship with your father? EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:23 am

Ghost, good to know that your Father was so amazing.

My dad is nice to me and loves me, but doesn't take a huge interest in my life. And I really think it is because he doesn't know how to.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good relationship with your father?   Do you have a good relationship with your father? EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Glad you had a good relationship with your father. My Dad and I never got along, we still don't, he does not like me very much and I am not overly fond of him either. He is old now and I take care of his needs and try to avoid most conversation because we always end up in a fight. It makes me very sad that my father and I never had any kind of relationship, but in his mind he thinks he was the model father to which I laugh out loud.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a good relationship with your father?   Do you have a good relationship with your father? EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:38 pm