Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?

Go down 
+3
Chris
Alan Smithee
Marc™
7 posters

I Watch TV Like a
Republican
Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? I_vote_lcap75%Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Democrat
Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? I_vote_lcap25%Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? Empty
PostSubject: Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?   Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:16 am

According to a study done by leading media research company Experian Simmons, someone's political affiliation could actually say a lot about what television shows they watch.

And we don't just mean political shows.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that studies have shown Republicans to be more likely to watch hit television shows like "American Idol" and "Dancing with the Stars" than Democrats, who are more likely to watch moderately rated shows like "Mad Men," "30 Rock," and "Community."

However, you might be surprised by some of the titles that came up as having a primarily Republican consumer base. For instance, "Modern Family," ABC's Emmy-winning sitcom starring a gay couple, is more successful among right-leaning viewers. "The Big Bang Theory," a comedy about a group of young atheistic roommates, also scored highly with Republican viewers.

Of course, the top-rated shows on both sides, according to the study, were hardly a surprise. "Glenn Beck" for Republicans and "Keith Olbermann" for Democrats. But pundits aside, do you share the same television habits as right-leaning or left-leaning viewers?

Here are the top 15 shows for each party.

Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? Rightwing2_3
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?   Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:26 am

I had 1 red (Modern family) and 4 blue (Dexter, Community, 30 Rock and Breaking Bad) so I guess I watch like a Dem.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?   Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm not a Republican, but my taste in TV is more similar to what they watch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?   Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:08 pm

I guess I am somewhat balanced, although I don't get how Modern Family and Desperate Housewives are Republican shows. xD (Private Practice and Brothers and Sisters being Democrat make total sense though. xD)

I think my habits lean more Republican, although I do watch PP. I do not buy these lists though. After the top obvious ones, they all seem like complete guesswork/fabrications.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?   Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm a Democrat and I don't even watch t.v. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?   Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:10 am

I don't really watch TV. But if I had to, I'd probably pick from the list of shows on the Republican side.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?   Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 3:41 am

Who would have guessed Republicans watch sitcoms more than Dems. My taste is more on the Rep side. sad
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?   Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 am

^^^^I'd have guessed that in a second. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?   Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?
Page 1 of 1