CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
MandyPerfumeGirl
Marc™
Nhaiyel
Wadsworth
10 posters

Is it worth keeping a job you hate?

Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Is it worth keeping a job you hate? Empty Is it worth keeping a job you hate?

Post by Wadsworth Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 pm

I hate my job ONLY because of this 1 supervisor. Everybody else there I get along with. I have no beefs with no other manager, but this 1 supervisor is an ass who likes the sound of his own voice and loves to walk in and look for shit to say you either didn't do, or didn't do right. I don't love the job but it was tolerable enough for a min until this limp dick granny licker got on his lil power trip. I never liked him but I could deal with him up until about a month ago when we fell out over some stupid shit. After that I think it become obvious that I didn't like him cause I would go out of my way to say as little to him as I could. From there he decided to 1-up me with his "authority" by knit-picking every little thing. Every time I'm around him I quietly steam. I really DON'T like his ass. So finally I asked the gen. manager to schedule me later because this dickhead works in the day so I figure the best way to KEEP my job was to try to get a shift that he wasn't presiding over. The manager complied and put me on nights. Which was aiight becuz I'm cool the supervisors who work those shifts. I already worked nights for the most part anyway but had that 1 day shift (his).

I'm thinking all my problems solved, dont gotta fuck with his ass no more. Then 2 weeks ago one of the usual nighttime supervisors was out for some reason and this dick covered the shift. I KNEW it was gonna be some shit and was right. He scrutinized my work that night. Had the next 2 days off and when I came back he had arranged for me to get 2 writeups (everybody know 3 writeups and you fired) based on my "poor" performance that 1 night he subbed. Claiming I didnt do this & that. I been working there 5 months and the other evening managers never complained about my work. In fact about a week before I got wrote up 1 of the other managers pulled me aside and told me how good I became there.

So basically I see this busta as gunning for me. He trying his fuckin best to fuck wit my shit to get my ass kicked. The new fucked up part in all this is now he working later. Even though when I get in, he done with his shift and ain't in charge no more, he still in the building for another hour or 2 doing whatever. During that "whatever" even though his ass ain't in charge, he still throwing out orders. Trying to trip my ass up.

Everybody's hours got cut this month. Used to work 8 hr shifts, now they only 6. The last 90 mins of my shift I gotta stop what I'm doing and switch gears to something else, but it was alright b4 because I had 6 and 1/2 hrs to get what I needed done done b4 I was pulled off it. That was enough time but 4 and 1/2 hrs barely is. I'm running around like a headless cluck trying to get ALL my shit done b4 I gotta stop and do something else. So last night while I'm tryin to do my usual work, this MOTHERING FUCKIN SON OF A 5AM CRACKHEAD HO ON MLK BLVD interrupts my work to tell me to do something really menial that took about 30 mins. Man I ain't have the time to waver from my to do list for some special stupid shit! But crackhead's son is the supervisor so I couldnt say no. I went ahead and did it and it put a crimp in my time but I was able to get back on track. Then b4 he leave, he come in askin all patronizing & shit if I did what he told me to do. I told him yeah and he was like "ok it ain't gonna be no issue when I check on it tomorrow is it?" These 2 regular customers overheard this and says to him that I work hard. He's like "Oh yeah I know he work hard not saying he don't, but these tasks gotta be completed for the benefit of everybody here and blahblahblah". So whatever I go back to doing what I needed to do. As these 2 dudes are leavin, they whisper to me that after I left the room he glanced at what he told me to do, said it wasn't done right and that I would be getting a writeup (that would be #3). They was all like "Man go back and do that shit again so he don't write you up." At this point 50% of me is wantin to punch a fucking wall and another 50% of me is like "I dont give a fuck, fire my ass". But I did went back and redid the shit anyway and becuz of that I wasnt able to finish my regular shit. I think he gave me that petty shit to do just to fuck with me becuz he knew I had other shit to do.

Even if I don't get a writeup becuz I went back and redid that stupid shit (which I did right the first time), I'm still thinkin "fuck this job". Don't need the hassle and I should quit! It would be a str8 as fuck job if not for his ass. I get along with everybody else there. But he got more seniority so its not even a fair fight and you know what I don't care enuff about the place to try and make a case anyway. Truthfully I was gon bounce in Jan, but I might go ahead and roll out now.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Is it worth keeping a job you hate? Empty Re: Is it worth keeping a job you hate?

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:57 pm

You neglected to mention if you have other employment options should you decide to leave this place. If the answer is yes, then I would not recommend that you stay where you are unhappy. If the answer is no, I would recommend that you start to look before you up and go. My daddy always said, "never quit a job unless you have a fallback gig." As for dealing with this guy, if in my mind I was going to amscray more sooner than later, then I wouldn't too much let a condescending supervisor irk me.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Is it worth keeping a job you hate? Empty Re: Is it worth keeping a job you hate?

Post by Marc™ Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:21 pm

It's never worth keeping a job you hate. Eventually you gonna nut up, cause a scene and they gonna say they terminated you.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:41 pm

I agree with Marc - it's just not worth it to keep a job you hate. Paychecks are always nice, but they don't always bring happiness.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:13 am

Wadsworth, let me give you some advice. You're probably right about wanting to get out of Dodge but I wouldn't just up and quit. It's always better to find a job while you still have one. I'm guessing you're not in a union shop but you should get in touch with HR or someone higher up just to go on record about the trouble you're having with pencil dick, that he's the only supervisor who has a problem with you. Finally, when you do get interviews for another job, under no circumstances tell them the real reason you left this job (this ass hole). Make some shit up but don't say you had a problem with one of your bosses. You work to live, you don't live to work. Good luck man.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:01 am

Good luck to you. Depending on your situation, it may be hard to find another job if you quit before something is lined up, solid for you.

But, I would certainly be looking. That all really sucks.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:54 pm

In a situation like this, you need to consider what is best for you from all angles – including a practical one. Should you keep a job you hate, or deal with a supervisor who is an ass? No. But how would abruptly quitting affect your life otherwise? How important is the paycheck you're getting there to your current lifestyle? Can you make due without it, or would the loss of income cripple you?

If I were you, I be hustling to find another job. One that would at least cover the bear essentials to survive. In the meantime, I would go into a 'thick skin' mode when it came this supervisor; taking solace in how my plan is to not remain there too much longer and just developing a numbness where he is concerned.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:47 pm

When I got my first job my dad told me to start a "Fuck You" bank account in case I ever got fired or hated the job so much that I decided on a lark that I didn't wanna work there no more.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:13 pm

I forgot to add that if you can find someplace else to go you should give the place you're at now sufficient notice and not just not show up any more. No sense burning bridges.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:37 am

I just changed jobs but I have the advantage of being part of the school system, so I just applied for a job at a different school and got it. Things were pretty unbearable where I was - great co-workers but the position I had was not a good one and it was starting to affect me, leaving my depressed and discouraged and frustrated almost all the time. Things were going to get worse, so I started applying to other positions at other schools and found out on Friday that one of those applications was successful. It just wasn't worth staying in a job in which I was so miserable but I wouldn't have left if I didn't have something to go to.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:57 am

It's not worth keeping if and only if you can afford to walk away. If you can't then the pragmatic thing to do is to keep it until you can find something to replace it with.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:36 pm

I put in my 2 weeks notice today. Gonna work up until the 1st of the year and then no one of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:49 pm