CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

If you smoked cigarettes and quit, how and why did you do it?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

If you smoked cigarettes and quit, how and why did you do it? Empty If you smoked cigarettes and quit, how and why did you do it?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 pm

I am always curious why people quit. I stopped with ease the day I found out I was pregnant. Have smoked off and on, usually when out for drinks with a smoker.

So, if you were a smoker, why did you quit and how?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

If you smoked cigarettes and quit, how and why did you do it? Empty Re: If you smoked cigarettes and quit, how and why did you do it?

Post by Shale Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Without dwelling on the specifics of lung cancer, ephysema and other problems, you know it is not good for you. I weighed the health against the pleasure, which there isn't any except fulfilling a psychological urge.

I quit without any kind of nicotine medicine and had no physical withdrawal symptoms. Of course i quite several times in the late '60s, each winter when I noticed more sore throat and colds then start again in the summer. Finally around 1970 I quit for good (and haven't smoked MJ since 1973). Smoke in your lungs is unnatural and unhealthy - so I quit.

And like you mentioned, the test is if you can go out drinking with friends and not smoke when everyone els is, and you know you can help yourself to a cig from your friend's pack on the bar. Then after about three you feel like a mooch and go buy a pack. Yeah, it is a tough psychological habit to kick. My partner Jim kicked heroin cold turkey but continued smoking cigarettes.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

If you smoked cigarettes and quit, how and why did you do it? Empty Re: If you smoked cigarettes and quit, how and why did you do it?

Post by CeCe Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:12 pm

I quit cold turkey years ago when I was pregnant. Picked it up again last year but was able to quit after a few months.
    FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Post by FightSleep Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:07 am

Marlboro's cost $6.50 the last time I bought a pack and I smoked one pack a day. Got too expensive for me to keep on buying. Thats more that $40 a week spent on smokes. I liked to puff but not that much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:50 am