CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
CatEyes10736
Supernova
Chris
TSJFan4Ever
RedBedroom
Marc™
13 posters

Would You Settle Down With Someone Who Didn't Want Any Kids?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Would You Settle Down With Someone Who Didn't Want Any Kids? Empty Would You Settle Down With Someone Who Didn't Want Any Kids?

Post by Marc™ Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:18 pm

Anyone can answer this, but it would doubly apply to someone who has no kids....could you settle down with someone who didn't want any (or any more) kids?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Would You Settle Down With Someone Who Didn't Want Any Kids? Empty Re: Would You Settle Down With Someone Who Didn't Want Any Kids?

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:22 pm

Well, as mom to one already, I would be fine, years from now, falling for someone who does not want more kids. But, should something happen and my relationship goes bust tomorrow, I would only seek someone open to more. Though in this realationship, there will be no more, but for maybe adoption.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Would You Settle Down With Someone Who Didn't Want Any Kids? Empty Re: Would You Settle Down With Someone Who Didn't Want Any Kids?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:50 pm

Nope - I really want kids and can't see myself settling down with someone who doesn't want any.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:55 pm

I'm not sure. I have decided that I'm not bent on having any more kids, but that was more from a 'whatever's meant to be will be' standpoint than a tubes tied/vasectomy angle. I don't know how I'd respond to someone who was adamant about not having kids with me.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:47 am

Nope. I don't really know if I want kids or not, on one hand it'd be great to have them in your life, but then again it's a long commitment, so I'd have to be with someone I can keep my options open with.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:52 am

super, keep your options so open like that..
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:54 am

How's that?
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 am

Absolutely not. If he didn't want any children with me, then we would have completely different life/future goals and wouldn't be compatible.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Nope! If you don't want my kids, you don't want me.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:21 pm

I have nieces and nephews so I feel like I have had kids already, however, if my situation were different then no, I would not want to be with someone that did not want children.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:56 pm

I wouldn't. Not to sound sexist....but if I'm in a long term relationship with woman in child bearing years, particularly if she's at the peak of 'em....then the possibility of us having a kid needs to be there. Not saying I'm trying to knock her up, but saying "No we WON'T have any kids ever" is gonna crack the solidity of our future. The possibility always needs to be there, even if it ain't right now.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:02 pm

I don't think so. I don't want any right now, but I definitely want to have at least one child. Even though I'll prob. never be officially ready for one until my feet are in the stirrups. One of my best friends is very adamant about never having children. We've flirted with the idea of 'going there' as far as having a serious relationship but I know that if he actually settles down with someone he really loves, he'll prob. change his mind.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:55 pm

Marc™ wrote:Anyone can answer this, but it would doubly apply to someone who has no kids....could you settle down with someone who didn't want any (or any more) kids?

Yes, absolutely! I have no interest in ever being a Mom, so this wouldn't bother me.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:45 am

That would be heaven for me. I really don't want kids. It's not that I don't like them but I just don't have the personality for it. My nieces and nephews get away with murder when I'm around because I'm just not an authority figure.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:35 pm

I would, because I don't want any. Any woman I settle down with is going to have to reconcile the idea that I don't see children as a means to complete our relationship.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:32 am

Maybe yes, maybe no. Depends I guess on how old I am. If I don't have any kids after 40, then I would probably let it go. But before that age I'm gonna keep my eye on the possibility of starting a family of my own. A partner needs to be on board with that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:39 am