CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
RedBedroom
CatEyes10736
Forgiveness Man
Jason B.
Supernova
MandyPerfumeGirl
RobbieFTW
11 posters

Kids being forced to invite kids they don't want to their parties

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Kids being forced to invite kids they don't want to their parties Empty Kids being forced to invite kids they don't want to their parties

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Since we're on the subject of kids parties, should parents of uninvited kids negotiate with parents of kids who're having a party to get them invited?
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Kids being forced to invite kids they don't want to their parties Empty Re: Kids being forced to invite kids they don't want to their parties

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:47 pm

No, absolutely not. It's just another example of parents sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong. There's a reason their child isn't invited, and if the parents don't like it, tough shit. And why should the uninvited child's parents care anyway? It's a child's birthday party, not the State of the Union. Let the birthday boy/girl have a little fun on their big day and only have people they like.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Kids being forced to invite kids they don't want to their parties Empty Re: Kids being forced to invite kids they don't want to their parties

Post by Supernova Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Indeeeeed, why bother having kids over you don't want? Like the 'special' children who never do anything wrong and get what they always want don't do just that, so why shouldn't everyone else?
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:02 pm

I can't imagine the kid who only got invited because his mother called the other kids mother would be accepted, even if they did get to go.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:53 pm

No, that's dumb. You don't have a right to go to a party.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:30 pm

No that's actually an irresponsible move on a parents part, to interfere like that. If your child wasn't invited to a party, then reason with them that it's just a party and not being there isn't the end of the world. If your child is having a party and is being a snob with the invite list, then remind them that being an exclusionary isn't very nice and that someday they may find themselves shut out.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 am

Around here, there are schools who have a policy that if one kid is invited from the class, all must be. If that is not to be the case, then all the invites must be handed out outside of school property. Overkill for sure.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:11 am

Nope - a kid shouldn't be forced to invite kids he or she doesn't want. The birthday child's parents are paying for the party and the family is the one who has the right to decide who comes and who doesn't. It's rude if parents of uninvited kids call up and try and get an invite for their kids. I think if I had a parent do that, I'd just say that it came down to finances - that we're hosting the party and have limited finances so we couldn't invite everyone.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:17 am

As disappointing as it might be for them to have been left out, I wouldn't be trying to play their agent. If my child weren't invited to some kids little party, my approach would be to instill in them a "fuck 'em...it ain't Six Flags" attitude about the whole thing.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:40 am

I'd sooner opt to not go than to have my mom call and get me invited somewhere I originally wasn't.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:33 am

Nhaiyel wrote:As disappointing as it might be for them to have been left out, I wouldn't be trying to play their agent. If my child weren't invited to some kids little party, my approach would be to instill in them a "fuck 'em...it ain't Six Flags" attitude about the whole thing.

Pretty much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:12 am