CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Damn, can't go out tonight....

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Damn, can't go out tonight.... Empty Damn, can't go out tonight....

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:15 pm

I have a heel spur. And it is NOT pleasant. Drat!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Damn, can't go out tonight.... Empty Re: Damn, can't go out tonight....

Post by RedBedroom Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:55 pm

Oh, man, sorry to hear that. What do they do for that?

Also sorry you can't go out tonight. We have been out for dinner and stopped out for drinks but left after one. I used to despise missing weekend nights out, now, not so much.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:16 am

I dunno. It's been bothering me for a while and I could deal with it, but it's really been hurting now. I think I'ma go to the podiatrist sometime next week. And now that I've done some research on it tonight, I think I actually have something called plantar fasciitis.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:55 am

I have to say, I had to Google "bone spur" before I replied to your post! And I was surprised to see plantar fasciitis associated with it. My son had a problem with that. For him, better shoe inserts helped the problem without any procedures having to be done. He got the first symptoms when his trainer increased his amount of running. It hurt him so bad, so I can imagine what you are feeling.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:21 am

Sorry you're gimpy, NY. I had PF too. Put ice on it and something like Advil or Motrin as an anti-inflamatory. Generic ibuprofen might be cheaper. Red is right about better shoes and shoe inserts. But hey, you still coulda gone out. You just would have limped. I tells ya...young people today are too soft! Wink Feel better soon.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:42 am

Nystyle709 wrote:I dunno. It's been bothering me for a while and I could deal with it, but it's really been hurting now. I think I'ma go to the podiatrist sometime next week. And now that I've done some research on it tonight, I think I actually have something called plantar fasciitis.

NY I feel for you, I had one in my left heel a few years ago and you are correct its called plantar fasciitis. I was in so much pain from it that I went to the podiatrist. He gave me a shot of cortisone in the heel and in a day the pain was gone and it has not acted up since. Before that I had been exercising it and it did not help me at all.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:08 am

RedBedroom wrote:I have to say, I had to Google "bone spur" before I replied to your post! And I was surprised to see plantar fasciitis associated with it. My son had a problem with that. For him, better shoe inserts helped the problem without any procedures having to be done. He got the first symptoms when his trainer increased his amount of running. It hurt him so bad, so I can imagine what you are feeling.

Exactly what's happened to me. I've been increasing my excersise routine lately and I've been running a lot. I really loathe running, but I'm trying to get into the habit of it. My father is an avid runner. I've never been. In any case, I wasn't going to run in my good sneakers so I bought these cheaps ass sneakers from Payless with some cushion shit on the bottom and decided those were going to be my workout and running shoes. I guess it's true what they say that you need proper footwear for running if you're serious about it. You can't just wear any old sneakers. Add the fact that I'm always standing. Throughout the day, I'm standing up at least 3 or 4 hours at a time. I'm always walking somewhere so I'm hardly ever off my feet. Add the fact that I hardly drive now since I work in Manhattan during the week and I take the train and on my way home it's so fucking packed that I can never get a seat and then I gotta take the bus and I can never get a seat on there either so I'm standing for the entire hour and 20 mins it takes for me to get home.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:10 am

alan smithee wrote:Sorry you're gimpy, NY. I had PF too. Put ice on it and something like Advil or Motrin as an anti-inflamatory. Generic ibuprofen might be cheaper. Red is right about better shoes and shoe inserts. But hey, you still coulda gone out. You just would have limped. I tells ya...young people today are too soft! Wink Feel better soon.

Already limping then being tipsy on top of that? Not a good combination, lol. Thanks though. I might try to 'fix' this problem myself before I actually see a podiatrist.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:13 am

Tony Marino wrote:

NY I feel for you, I had one in my left heel a few years ago and you are correct its called plantar fasciitis. I was in so much pain from it that I went to the podiatrist. He gave me a shot of cortisone in the heel and in a day the pain was gone and it has not acted up since. Before that I had been exercising it and it did not help me at all.

Yeah, it's crazy. And it's like when I stand, then sit, stand back up....it will hurt. I would have to literally walk it off. So I'm always up.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:23 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

I guess it's true what they say that you need proper footwear for running if you're serious about it.

There are some freaks of nature out there who can get by without expensive name brand shoes (that cost pennies to make), but most of us do need better made shoes. Anyhow, wouldn’t being tipsy have helped dull the pain? :biggrin:
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:52 am

alan smithee wrote:

There are some freaks of nature out there who can get by without expensive name brand shoes (that cost pennies to make), but most of us do need better made shoes. Anyhow, wouldn’t being tipsy have helped dull the pain? :biggrin:

Only temporarily. I might've regretted it the next day. big grin
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:05 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Yeah, it's crazy. And it's like when I stand, then sit, stand back up....it will hurt. I would have to literally walk it off. So I'm always up.

Mine would hurt even when I walked and it only felt relieved when I sat down. I suffered for weeks before I finally gave in and went to the podiatrist. Hope you feel better soon. Damn, can't go out tonight.... 56354
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:31 am

NY, just as an FYI...I would try to find a fourm online about it before you spend money on shoes. Maybe you will get a good recommendation for what types work best to curb the flare ups.

Is it better today?
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:44 am

Nystyle709 wrote:I have a heel spur. And it is NOT pleasant. Drat!

Eeee. Those aren't easy to tolerate. As I'm sure you already know NY, the trick is to rest (stay off it.) It helps eliminate the most severe pain, and will allow the inflammation to begin to settle down. Usually they heal themselves.

Take it easy sista friend. big hugz
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:53 am

RedBedroom wrote:NY, just as an FYI...I would try to find a fourm online about it before you spend money on shoes. Maybe you will get a good recommendation for what types work best to curb the flare ups.

Is it better today?
    Somewhat. It's definitely not to the point where the pain subsides enough for me to ignore it like I did before though. Ironically enough, I still went out today. Limping.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 am

Nhaiyel wrote:

Eeee. Those aren't easy to tolerate. As I'm sure you already know NY, the trick is to rest (stay off it.) It helps eliminate the most severe pain, and will allow the inflammation to begin to settle down. Usually they heal themselves.

Take it easy sista friend. Damn, can't go out tonight.... 56354
    I'm trying to! But I always have something to do. Thanks anyway love. Damn, can't go out tonight.... 56354
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:07 pm

NY, they spoke about this on the Today Show today. Here is the clip. (FYI, there is a long 30 sec commercial preceeding the segment, and the planta fasciitis talk begins at 4:04)

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/#40567538
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:16 pm

^^^^^ There is nothing on there about that.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:35 pm

Shoot. The link was really wrong. I think this one works. Sorry to have sent you on a chase with that last one.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/#40568153

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:31 pm