Home Alone (and Home Alone 2) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Home Alone (and Home Alone 2)

Go down 
+3
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
Supernova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Home Alone (and Home Alone 2) Empty
PostSubject: Home Alone (and Home Alone 2)   Home Alone (and Home Alone 2) EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Your thoughts on these Christmas favorites?

I love them both but I think I prefer the first to the second, for one reason and I'm sure a lot of people will agree, because Old Man Marley is better than the Pigeon Woman, even though it's great when she tosses the birdseed on Harry and Marv and the hundreds of birds come and peck at them.

One thing I never got is that obviously 2 years pass between first and second, Kevin is 8 in the first, 10 in the sequel, but they all talk about what happened LAST year.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone (and Home Alone 2)   Home Alone (and Home Alone 2) EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 9:41 pm

I love them both but I am partial to the first one Joe Pesce was a riot!!
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone (and Home Alone 2)   Home Alone (and Home Alone 2) EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 11:32 pm

I love them both but I give the second a slim edge cause I found it a little funnier. And let's face it, Kevin using the movie on the hotel people totally blew away scaring the pizza guy.

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone (and Home Alone 2)   Home Alone (and Home Alone 2) EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:17 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
I love them both but I give the second a slum edge cause I foundbit a little funnier. And let's face it, Kevin using the movieon the hotel people totally blew away scaring the pizza guy.

Ah true, I love when he makes them all get on their knees and say they love him. And I LOVE Tim Curry crawling around saying 'there's an insane guest, with a GUN!'
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone (and Home Alone 2)   Home Alone (and Home Alone 2) EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:06 pm

The original is alright but the sequel is too far fetched, convoluted and rehashed. Even though Home Alone is supposed to be a holiday movie, I always saw it as more of a mischievous kid flick, and therefore compared it to Problem Child (which I like more.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone (and Home Alone 2)   Home Alone (and Home Alone 2) EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Supernova wrote:

Ah true, I love when he makes them all get on their knees and say they love him. And I LOVE Tim Curry crawling around saying 'there's an insane guest, with a GUN!'
"You've been smooching with everyone!"
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone (and Home Alone 2)   Home Alone (and Home Alone 2) EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 4:09 am

Supernova wrote:
Your thoughts on these Christmas favorites?

I love them both but I think I prefer the first to the second, for one reason and I'm sure a lot of people will agree, because Old Man Marley is better than the Pigeon Woman, even though it's great when she tosses the birdseed on Harry and Marv and the hundreds of birds come and peck at them.

One thing I never got is that obviously 2 years pass between first and second, Kevin is 8 in the first, 10 in the sequel, but they all talk about what happened LAST year.

The second was OK but I liked the first one better. One of the funniest things to me is Joe Pesci not being able to curse, at least on screen.
Quote :
Joe Pesci kept forgetting that he was filming a "family" movie during his characters on-screen outbursts so director Chris Columbus advised him to say "fridge" instead of the "F-word

I also like the homage to Orson Wells with his character's name, Harry Lime.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone (and Home Alone 2)   Home Alone (and Home Alone 2) EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Home Alone 2 in on right now. I was driving down Metropolitain Ave the other day and I passed by the very same theater my parents took me to to see the first movie when it came out in '90. Surprised that old theater is still there. I think the funniest person from that series was Uncle Frank. He was laughing his ass off when that old lady playing the piano fell down and busted her ass.
Back to top Go down
MEWarner
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
MEWarner

Female
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone (and Home Alone 2)   Home Alone (and Home Alone 2) EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:41 am

I love them both, but I think the second one is way funnier than the first I found myself laughing so much more with that one.
Back to top Go down
http://docwarnerfan.livejournal.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone (and Home Alone 2)   Home Alone (and Home Alone 2) Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Alone (and Home Alone 2)
Page 1 of 1