Picture this Adoption Scenario Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Picture this Adoption Scenario

Go down 
+6
TSJFan4Ever
Marc™
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
RobbieFTW
femme fatale
10 posters
AuthorMessage
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Picture this Adoption Scenario Empty
PostSubject: Picture this Adoption Scenario   Picture this Adoption Scenario EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:14 pm

(Saw this on an episode of L&O SVU once)

A man discovers he fathered a boy who was adopted into a loving family. He was never informed of his being this childs father but finds out the truth when the boy is 12/13 years old. In the episode, they went to court and the court sided with him. This 12/13 year old boy who lived his whole life with his loving adoptive parents had to leave them because his natural father won custody. The boy wanted to stay with his adoptive parents but had to leave them by court order.

IRL who would you side with? And men, if that were you with a child you just found out about but who had been adopted into a loving family, would you sue for custody or let him stay with them?
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Picture this Adoption Scenario   Picture this Adoption Scenario EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:02 pm

If I found out I had a child that was under six, I would seek full custody. But at 12 or 13, I would try and work out a joint arrangement with the adoptive family.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Picture this Adoption Scenario   Picture this Adoption Scenario EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 5:07 pm

This is why I am against ONS and the like.

I think I'd have been in the middle. The father deserves a relationship with the son but taking full custody isn't the way to do it.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Picture this Adoption Scenario   Picture this Adoption Scenario EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:26 pm

At that age I would probably leave him with his adoptive parents if he is being well taken care of and if he is happy but I would want a relationship with him as well.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Picture this Adoption Scenario   Picture this Adoption Scenario EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 1:34 am

I would leave him with his adoptive family and just work out a visitation agreement.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Picture this Adoption Scenario   Picture this Adoption Scenario EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 4:53 am

Leave him with his adoptive family and ask for visitation. What the father did shows that his own needs were more important than those of the child.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Picture this Adoption Scenario   Picture this Adoption Scenario EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:13 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
Leave him with his adoptive family and ask for visitation. What the father did shows that his own needs were more important than those of the child.

IA. I saw that episode of SVU and was annoyed by it. To me it was ludicrous that a boy as old as he was, and who knew where he wanted to be, would be mandated to leave his adoptive parents. What bothered me most was that his father showed very consideration for the child's wishes and didn't even try to work something out so that everyone would be satisfied. It isn't like a toddler, if you pluck a child that age away from his family he will only be resentful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Picture this Adoption Scenario   Picture this Adoption Scenario EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:25 am

I'd seek to have all of my paternal rights to him reinstated and then let him stay where he was most comfortable. Per my not taking him from his adoptive parents, I would remind them of who I am and insist that I be included in the decision making of every major and semi major aspect in his life. If they didn't comply, then I'd take him home with me.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Picture this Adoption Scenario   Picture this Adoption Scenario EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:38 am

Chris wrote:
...I saw that episode of SVU and was annoyed by it. To me it was ludicrous that a boy as old as he was, and who knew where he wanted to be, would be mandated to leave his adoptive parents. ...

Law & Order is an entertainment that likes to make ppl get all riled up.

IDK if there are any actual cases like this and I don't doubt that there are fucked up judges out there who would give such a horrible decision, but I'll bet most judges would have kept the kid where he wanted to stay, or as most everyone here thinks the just decision would be to let the biological father have access to his kid but don't disrupt the kids world.

(A far thinking judge might consider if he wanted some future psycopath killing his self-centered father then coming after him - Ooh, did I just give away next episode?)
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Picture this Adoption Scenario   Picture this Adoption Scenario EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 4:45 am

Yeah - I think most judges would keep the kid where he is, too, given his age. I think I actually do remember that eppy.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Picture this Adoption Scenario   Picture this Adoption Scenario EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Like Shale said, I think a judge would keep the child where he is, with visitation to the father.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picture this Adoption Scenario   Picture this Adoption Scenario Empty

Back to top Go down

Picture this Adoption Scenario
Page 1 of 1