Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?

Go down 
+2
Chris
RedBedroom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person? Empty
PostSubject: Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?   Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person? EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 6:23 am

What is your action when someting important is to be said, barring a phone call?

Letter, email (or FB), or in person?

Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?   Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person? EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 6:39 am

In person, preferably. If I can't see them face to face, then email -- simply because they receive it faster than snail mail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?   Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person? EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 11:14 am

In person is always best but if I can't do that then I email. I know a lot of people who don't even bother to read their snail mail anymore.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?   Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person? EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 11:34 am

It depends on the issue. Something of a personal nature I would rather do face to face. Depends on the issue for non-personal situations.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?   Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person? EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Interesting coincidence.

Just today I was sorting some of my family fotos and documents that I had scanned. One scan was of a Telegram sent from St. Louis to the family in Mississippi announcing my sister's birth in 1949. I just came into possesion of it recently and my sister had never seen it so I scanned it last year and e-mailed it to her on her 60th B'day.

How quaint the technology was then. If you wanted the mail to get ther faster you paid extra for "air mail" and they had special light-weight paper and envelopes to write it on.

As for important messages, phone call has it. Next comes e-mail because most ppl do check that regularly (but some surprisingly don't) As for the social networks, can't be relied that someone will logon and check it on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, they don't deliver telegrams to a person's door anymore.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?   Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person? EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:35 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
What is your action when someting important is to be said, barring a phone call?

Letter, email (or FB), or in person?

If it's urgent, then in person or email. If it's not that pressing, but still is something that needs to be said, then I will sometimes still send a handwritten letter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?   Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person? Empty

Back to top Go down

Important stuff to say: snail mail letter, email or in person?
Page 1 of 1