CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
TPP
Tony Marino
CeCe
Marc™
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Kral
Supernova
RobbieFTW
Nystyle709
AtownPeep
15 posters

The Dollar Store

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

The Dollar Store Empty The Dollar Store

Post by AtownPeep Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Do you ever shop at the Dollar Store? Tell the truth and shame the devil. You DO, don't you? The Dollar Store 98226
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

The Dollar Store Empty Re: The Dollar Store

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Only if I'm getting Ajax or dishwashing liquid or trash bags. Don't need to go there for anything else.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:34 pm

Not on a regular basis but I ain't above it. When I moved into my apartment I spent close to $100 at the dollar store, buying little petty crap like trash bags and soap holders.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:42 pm

We don't have one of those here, we have Dollar General, and I go a lot. I love it, we get a lot of stuff at a good price there.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:51 pm

I have before but as silly as this sounds, I don't like how cheap and slovenly the Dollar Tree store usually look on the inside. Sure everything is a dollar but it's a BILLION dollar company. No need to make customers feel like vagrants just because they're buying dollar items.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:21 pm

I shop there a lot. I get my scrapbooking glue there. Same brand but half price. I also like their generic Oxy Clean. Candy stocking stuffers are great there this time of year and I buy kids' coloring books there for birthday gifts. But, most of the inventory is crap.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:51 am

i go for certain things, dollar tree, family dollar, u name it
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:44 am

The dollar store is good for things like batteries, ink pens, folders, notebooks and pop.
    A convenient discount store for parents.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:26 am

Usually just wrapping paper & things like that. It used to be better many years ago when they had inventory from stores that had gone out of business. Now they manufacture their own stuff & the quality generally sucks. But it's great if you just need some tape, a foil pan or a crossword puzzle book for someone.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:53 am

Yep I go there sometimes to get Laundry Detergent (they are one of the only ones that have Gain with Febreze) and little things here and there.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:44 am

Kral wrote:I have before but as silly as this sounds, I don't like how cheap and slovenly the Dollar Tree store usually look on the inside. Sure everything is a dollar but it's a BILLION dollar company. No need to make customers feel like vagrants just because they're buying dollar items.

I know what you mean. The Dollar Tree is relatively new to our area, so there are some really new stores here that are just as "nice" as a regular drugstore around, but the aisles are still too "squishy" for my taste...I can't go down them with my twins in their stroller without them reaching out and pulling things off the shelves so it's a no go for me most of the time. I have NO qualms about bargain hunting though, and before I had the twins I used to find name brand items that were discontinued or for whatever other reason were at the dollar store, where at the regular grocery store they were 3 or 4 dollars.

I feel like many things they sell now you can find at Walmart for 88 cents anyway now. Of course Walmart is a whole different story...
    stonestatic
    stonestatic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 24

Post by stonestatic Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:33 pm

I go there to buy shampoo and soap. It's the exact same brand that I use also carried in the supermarket. Why not get it for cheap?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:07 pm

I sometimes shop there for miscellaneous drug store items, like toothpaste, lotion, soap, trash bags, holiday cards, dish washing liquid. I bet Dollar Stores all across America are being ransacked right now.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:09 pm

AtownPeep wrote:Do you ever shop at the Dollar Store? Tell the truth and shame the devil. You DO, don't you? The Dollar Store 98226

Damn skippy we do. No shame to it. Except that everything in there is made in China.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:58 pm

For some things, I do, but I also don't expect anyhting of quilty there, so I keep that in mind. It's a great place to get stickers, though, and stuff like that.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:20 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:For some things, I do, but I also don't expect anyhting of quilty there, so I keep that in mind. It's a great place to get stickers, though, and stuff like that.

My kids LOVE to go there and get stuff for crafting...But I don't let them get toys there because I'm afraid they are covered with lead and other toxic things. blushing
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Kral wrote:I have before but as silly as this sounds, I don't like how cheap and slovenly the Dollar Tree store usually look on the inside. Sure everything is a dollar but it's a BILLION dollar company. No need to make customers feel like vagrants just because they're buying dollar items.

I feel you on that. Most dollar stores I've been to are cluttered and sloppy, but that's most discount stores from what I've seen. Warehouse and wholesale places tend to be rough and "dingy" too
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:24 pm

AtownPeep wrote:

I feel you on that. Most dollar stores I've been to are cluttered and sloppy, but that's most discount stores from what I've seen. Warehouse and wholesale places tend to be rough and "dingy" too

I have an embarrassing love of Target stores...When I walk in, I feel my spirits lift. I love the merchandise, I love how it's arranged, I love the decor...It makes me think there must be something terribly bland and boring about me, that I love something so mass produced and designed to suck me in. I still can't help it though. I love Target.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:39 am