CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
RedBedroom
6 posters

How different would the world be if humans did not require sleep?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

How different would the world be if humans did not require sleep?  Empty How different would the world be if humans did not require sleep?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:42 pm

This past weekend at Dad's, I could not sleep! I began to ponder this question. What do you think would be the major differences if we did not require sleep?

I think a huge difference would be that there would be two categories of people...those that do their job at night and those during day. Granted, there are jobs like that now, but there would be so many more, if it was not "normal" to sleep at night. So, we would probably befriend more people who kept our schedule and forming bonds and anything social would be defined by meeting people who kept the same schedule.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How different would the world be if humans did not require sleep?  Empty Re: How different would the world be if humans did not require sleep?

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:08 am

Well for one thing we'd get a hell of a lot more done every day (and night).
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

How different would the world be if humans did not require sleep?  Empty Re: How different would the world be if humans did not require sleep?

Post by Tony Marino Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:00 pm

That would put an end to the old saying "there are not enough hours in the day"
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:35 pm

There'd probably be about 58,491,723,942 people in the world by now.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:25 pm

^^ LOL - good point!

I think we'd get a lot more done, but I don't know if we'd be all that much more healthy, as down time is good and allows us to rest and relax. I think some people would get so caught up that they'd work and work and never take a break, which isn't healthy. Others would be the opposite.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:10 am

I agree that that the world would be more overpopulated, but at the same time I also think we'd die sooner.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:30 am