Do you turn your computer off? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you turn your computer off?

Go down 
+9
TPP
Marc™
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
Shale
Tony Marino
Supernova
RobbieFTW
DarkOblivion
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkOblivion
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
DarkOblivion

Male
Rep : 4

Do you turn your computer off? Empty
PostSubject: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:51 am

I know it sounds like an odd topic...but when you're at home, or when you come home from somewhere, and turn on your computer do you ever turn it back off?

Whenever I come home from work and turn my computer on I never turn it back off until I have to leave back out.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:28 am

90% of the time I just walk away from it and it will go to standby after 5 mins of inactivity. At night I'll put it in sleep mode before I go to bed. When I touch the keyboard it awakes at the same spot I left it. Rarely do I shut it down all the way.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:57 am

Yeah, at night when I'm going up for bed, I turn it off and then in the morning it's turned on again.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:29 am

I turn it off at night, we have severe storms here so I don't want to take a chance leaving the computer on during one of them.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:42 pm

IDK what the final verdict was whether to never turn off your computer or turn it off.

I have had two hard drives wear out (fortunately the computer guy got My Documents and Pics on disc for me) I think that is the argument of leaving it on. Still, I turn the thing off at night - tho on weekends it is on all day when I leave the house.

I have a Dell computer at work, same as mine at home that has not been turned off for years and it seems to be in better shape than the one at home (I can hear something spinning on my home computer).
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:43 pm

I'll let it hibernate for the most part.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:47 pm

I let it hibernate mostly too.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:40 pm

I usually leave it on until it hibernates automatically. Sometimes I'll put it in hibernate mood when I walk away from it. I don't shut it down too often because I usually have a bunch of new text documents open....and deciding whether I wanna save or not save is annoying.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:11 pm

I just close it up. I wonder if that's the wrong thing to do?
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:18 pm

I turn it off at night and back on in the morning, the rest of the day it goes in and out of hibernation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:18 pm

It's not good to leave your PC on all the time, it takes up virtual RAM memory. There have been times when my computer was up for a long time but I only had one or no applications up and it still started to move sluggishly.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:05 pm

I shut it down at night, and if I'm going to be away from it for longer than a few hours. If I'm only gonna be gone for a little while then I just put it in sleep mode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 3:57 am

I usually turn it on when I get home from work and then off when I go to bed or if I'm going out for the evening and know I won't be coming back to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you turn your computer off?   Do you turn your computer off? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you turn your computer off?
Page 1 of 1