Ever experienced Racism? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ever experienced Racism?

Go down 
+2
RobbieFTW
DarkOblivion
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkOblivion
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
DarkOblivion

Male
Rep : 4

Ever experienced Racism? Empty
PostSubject: Ever experienced Racism?   Ever experienced Racism? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:59 am

By this I mean, have you ever been truly, openly discriminated against? Not just some stupid stereotype joke about white people not being able to dance or blacks not being able to swim. Not just perceived discrimination-but blatant & true.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Ever experienced Racism?   Ever experienced Racism? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:24 am

I have. I've been called a "spic" and I'm not even Hispanic, just goes to show how truly ignorant a bigot really is. But most the time it wasn't direct. It was somebody saying something not realizing how stupid and offensive it was. Or someone saying something when they thought no one of that persuasion was around to hear. That happened ALOT after 9/11 when I was in HS. Then there are times when someone doesn't even say anything specific but the quiet nuance they give is so chilly and evil that it's easy to detect that they're likely racist.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Ever experienced Racism?   Ever experienced Racism? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Being the average white Euroman type - a part of the majority race in America, I have never experienced racial discrimination.

However, I have been targeted as part of an interracial couple. Terrorized by rednecks in South Carolina once, insulted by my mother when she first learned of "my black woman." So, yeah, I had to go out of my way to experience racism. It ain't fun.

Brenda and I would get int ppls face tho. If either of us saw someone giving us a disapproving glance we would just say "kiss me." What a fun way to get back at bigots.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Ever experienced Racism?   Ever experienced Racism? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 4:48 pm

I haven't...But when I first moved to the city, I was 13 and didn't know anyone, so someone invited me to sit at the "black" girls table for lunch (man that lunch room was divided-all by choice of the kids)...It was humiliating because the whole time they all sat there making fun of me "Oh, look at how the little white girl eats her chips!" and stuff like that. I never sat at that table again sad
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Ever experienced Racism?   Ever experienced Racism? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Yes....but I'm not in the mood to retell it right now.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Ever experienced Racism?   Ever experienced Racism? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 3:54 am

Yeah - I have but not very often, thankfully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever experienced Racism?   Ever experienced Racism? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ever experienced Racism?
Page 1 of 1