CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

The Death of Victor Lord

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The Death of Victor Lord Empty The Death of Victor Lord

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:40 pm

I found this on a OLTL History Page and it clearly states that Dorian killed Victor Lord:

Bedridden by heart problems, Victor was cared for by his new wife, Dorian, whose plan to marry him had worked, and who loved Victor's family fortune more than she loved her husband. Thrilled to be the new lady of the manor, she chose to replace the portrait of Eugenia Lord that had hung above the fireplace of Llanfair for many years, with a portrait of herself. After Dorian got Victor to change his will, she became extremely apprehensive over Tony's presence in town. Fearing that a Tony/Victor reunion would end her chances at inheriting Victor's money, Dorian set about to fill Tony's head with lies about his father. As it turned out, Dorian's quick thinking made her a wealthy widow; by the time Tony and Victor were able to iron out their differences, Victor had suffered a massive stroke and was unable to alter his will to acknowledge Tony. His first stroke left him unable to speak and unable to tell Viki of Dorian's treachery. A second stroke left him barely clinging to life. One night, he died in his hospital room with Dorian by his bedside, refusing to administer the medicine that could prolong his life. Dorian paid the price for her scheme, however. For the next twenty years, rumors would run rampant that she had murdered her husband.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

The Death of Victor Lord Empty Re: The Death of Victor Lord

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Yeah, she did kill him. That's why she believed the 2003 Victor was a fake.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Yeah, she did kill him. That's why she believed the 2003 Victor was a fake.

Actually they re-wrote history we were not supposed to even consider the fact that Victor had died by Dorian's hand all those years ago. That was one of the stupidest storylines to ever come on to the show, the writers should be ashamed of themselves for coming up with such a ludicrous idea.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:07 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Forgiveness_Man wrote:Yeah, she did kill him. That's why she believed the 2003 Victor was a fake.

Actually they re-wrote history we were not supposed to even consider the fact that Victor had died by Dorian's hand all those years ago. That was one of the stupidest storylines to ever come on to the show, the writers should be ashamed of themselves for coming up with such a ludicrous idea.

I think RC rewrote the rewrite to leave it open that said Victor was a fake.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:10 pm

I still don't think anything can beat AMC's unabortion of Erika's baby - a fetus transplant? That has to be one of the worst storylines ever concocted!!!!
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:10 am

They should have never touched the original storyline! I wish to God that there were clips of the 1976 death of Victor, but apparently ABC didn't save episodes back then.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:00 am

Tony Marino wrote:I found this on a OLTL History Page

jaw dropz The Death of Victor Lord Knife
    Stick it in my heart Tony, it'll hurt less!

Smile Just Kidding

This was a few years before I was even a bubble in my dad's testicles, but from what I have researched (and gathered from long time viewers), while Dorian wasn't shown explicitly murdering Victor, it was *beyond* implied that she was the black widow who did Victor in, to the point where the viewers felt she had his blood on her hands. Actually, what was shown was Victor and Dorian arguing over Tony's having told him that Dorian was behind their contentious relationship. Dorian resented Tony's arrival and new found presence of as Victor's son, and felt that he was a serious threat to her inheriting a large piece of the Lord estate. Victor had spent six years searching for this long lost son he always wanted, so there was no way he wouldn't generally honor him in his will. Dorian fed them about of lies about each other, and had them each convinced that the other was out to get him. Tony eventually discovered Dorian's duplicity and told Victor. Victor confronted Dorian, who surprisingly admitted that it was true; that where she was concerned, Tony was in her financial way. Shocked, because it was portrayed as Victor actually loving Dorian, Victor suffered severe chest pains and keeled over. In what I hear was a chilling scene, Victor begged Dorian (who was not only his wife, but his private physician) for his medication, but wanting him to die, she coldly refused to give it to him.

From there it gets blurred with a bunch of details. Victor was eventually rushed to the hospital, supposedly he tried to tell Viki what Dorian had done, but couldn't get the words out. Dorian acted like she was upset over his condition and convinced the hospital to let her take him home. At Llanfair, Victor suffered a stroke that left him unable to talk, and in the meantime Dorian kept everyone away from him. Then soon after he died, under 'mysterious' conditions.

For nearly twenty years afterward, it becomes this urban legend that Dorian killed Victor. Many people suspected and whispered about it, but no one could prove it. In an interview, Robin Strasser said that when she took over the role in 1979, she expected it to be short lived, assuming that the law would eventually catch up with Dorian. But while a bunch of succeeding writers kept the legend going, none ever dug deep into it. From what I read on other boards, long time viewers were agitated by how Dorian long got away with the murder of the shows original patriarch, and so finally in 1993, Griffith and Malone reopened the story.

It was a compelling story that was long overdue, but the conclusion fucked with history to the point where it became treason. To say that Viki lapsed into some previously unseen alternate personality and killed Victor because she had been molested by him was a complete desecration to history. It simply didn't happen that way in 1976. I wonder how Slezak felt because she was there the first time Victor died. Many viewers were annoyed by the retelling. I didn't see the original story, but I'm annoyed by the 1995 version too.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:29 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:I still don't think anything can beat AMC's unabortion of Erika's baby - a fetus transplant? That has to be one of the worst storylines ever concocted!!!!

They did it on One Life To Live, Samantha Vernon was killed and her unborn fetus was transplanted into Delilah Buchanan's womb and she carried it to full term, a healthy baby was born I believe.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Kral wrote:They should have never touched the original storyline! I wish to God that there were clips of the 1976 death of Victor, but apparently ABC didn't save episodes back then.

Years ago there was a website that actually had clips of OLTL from way back when, I saw a clip of Victor Lord's death that is how I knew Dorian did it. I remember it looked like someone was filming these clips on a movie camera off of a TV, wish I still had the URL but it was a long time ago.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:36 pm

Chris wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:I found this on a OLTL History Page

The Death of Victor Lord 676583 The Death of Victor Lord Knife
    Stick it in my heart Tony, it'll hurt less!

Smile The Death of Victor Lord 416374

This was a few years before I was even a bubble in my dad's testicles, but from what I have researched (and gathered from long time viewers), while Dorian wasn't shown explicitly murdering Victor, it was *beyond* implied that she was the black widow who did Victor in, to the point where the viewers felt she had his blood on her hands. Actually, what was shown was Victor and Dorian arguing over Tony's having told him that Dorian was behind their contentious relationship. Dorian resented Tony's arrival and new found presence of as Victor's son, and felt that he was a serious threat to her inheriting a large piece of the Lord estate. Victor had spent six years searching for this long lost son he always wanted, so there was no way he wouldn't generally honor him in his will. Dorian fed them about of lies about each other, and had them each convinced that the other was out to get him. Tony eventually discovered Dorian's duplicity and told Victor. Victor confronted Dorian, who surprisingly admitted that it was true; that where she was concerned, Tony was in her financial way. Shocked, because it was portrayed as Victor actually loving Dorian, Victor suffered severe chest pains and keeled over. In what I hear was a chilling scene, Victor begged Dorian (who was not only his wife, but his private physician) for his medication, but wanting him to die, she coldly refused to give it to him.

From there it gets blurred with a bunch of details. Victor was eventually rushed to the hospital, supposedly he tried to tell Viki what Dorian had done, but couldn't get the words out. Dorian acted like she was upset over his condition and convinced the hospital to let her take him home. At Llanfair, Victor suffered a stroke that left him unable to talk, and in the meantime Dorian kept everyone away from him. Then soon after he died, under 'mysterious' conditions.

For nearly twenty years afterward, it becomes this urban legend that Dorian killed Victor. Many people suspected and whispered about it, but no one could prove it. In an interview, Robin Strasser said that when she took over the role in 1979, she expected it to be short lived, assuming that the law would eventually catch up with Dorian. But while a bunch of succeeding writers kept the legend going, none ever dug deep into it. From what I read on other boards, long time viewers were agitated by how Dorian long got away with the murder of the shows original patriarch, and so finally in 1993, Griffith and Malone reopened the story.

It was a compelling story that was long overdue, but the conclusion fucked with history to the point where it became treason. To say that Viki lapsed into some previously unseen alternate personality and killed Victor because she had been molested by him was a complete desecration to history. It simply didn't happen that way in 1976. I wonder how Slezak felt because she was there the first time Victor died. Many viewers were annoyed by the retelling. I didn't see the original story, but I'm annoyed by the 1995 version too.

Yeah but Dorian was responsible for holding back his medicine that could have been life saving and for keeping people away from him until he did die. So in reality her actions caused his eventual death so she is a murderer.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    TSJFan4Ever wrote:I still don't think anything can beat AMC's unabortion of Erika's baby - a fetus transplant? That has to be one of the worst storylines ever concocted!!!!

They did it on One Life To Live, Samantha Vernon was killed and her unborn fetus was transplanted into Delilah Buchanan's womb and she carried it to full term, a healthy baby was born I believe.

Oh wow - I didn't know that. Totally crazy, too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:36 pm